What's new

In-ceiling speakers - recommendations (1 Viewer)

rlloporto

Auditioning
Real Name
Regan
Ive recently purchased a new townhome, and want to install some in-ceiling speakers.. I'd like good quality for the money... Any recommendations...? These would be the rear channel speakers... for 5.1. My budget is approx $400... Not sure what to get..

FL-GATOR

Grip
Real Name
Don
I am not an audiophile. So what I'm going to suggest is purely from experience. For my theater I put in a 5:1 setup and bought OSD Audio ICE-640 pro series speakers. This was almost 2 years ago, so things may have changed. I love them. They sound great. I actually have bought a pile of these speakers for my entire house (but have only installed them in my office at the moment). While I researched almost every component of my audio/video setup, this was the wide card. I'm looking forward to finding the time to put the rest of these in the bedrooms, kitchen, living room and garage. You can change the direction and the treble/bass on each manually. I thought I would change the treble/bass, but have left all of them at the factory settings as I find the sound to be true. This, of course, is subjective.

Mr645

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jon
I have heard the Parasound 8" speakers and they sound really nice for rear speakers. I also heard a system that was done with car audio coax speakers for all 5 positions. Fronts and center in wall and rear in ceiling. With the sub it also sounded quite good considering the low cost. I think the Pioneer 6" coax, 5 of them were under $400 and the sub (forgot the brand) was $200, and the $299 Onkyo receiver was chosen for HDMI and 4 ohm capability

MattB101

Auditioning
Real Name
Matt
FL-GATOR said:
I am not an audiophile. So what I'm going to suggest is purely from experience. For my theater I put in a 5:1 setup and bought OSD Audio ICE-640 pro series speakers. This was almost 2 years ago, so things may have changed. I love them. They sound great. I actually have bought a pile of these speakers for my entire house (but have only installed them in my office at the moment). While I researched almost every component of my audio/video setup, this was the wide card. I'm looking forward to finding the time to put the rest of these in the bedrooms, kitchen, living room and garage. You can change the direction and the treble/bass on each manually. I thought I would change the treble/bass, but have left all of them at the factory settings as I find the sound to be true. This, of course, is subjective.
Thanks for the info. I have been looking at OSD speakers. They look like a great deal for someone on a tight budget like me. Sent from my recliner. Retired Navy E-8

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks