In-Ceiling Speaker help needed

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by Troy S, Feb 15, 2005.

1. Troy S

Troy S Agent

Anyone have or familiar with "Home Theater Direct" brand speakers? I am looking for something just for surround speakers for my Mom and Dad. They won't have things loud and listen to both HT and music about 50-50. Just need something for surround to complete the HT 5.1

Thoughts?

2. Philip Hamm

Philip Hamm Lead Actor

I don't think you need much for the backs for 5.1. I used to have some KLH SoundBite speakers as my rears for 5.1 and they sounded fine. They were $14 for the pair! I would take a look at the lower priced in-ceiling speakers available at www.partsexpress.com .

3. DaveHo

DaveHo Supporting Actor

I've been using the HTD Level One 5 1/4" 2 way in-walls in my bathroom for a few years now. Obviously not a critical listening application, but given the price and the acoustically unfriendly environment they're installed in, I'm happy with them.

-Dave

4. Troy S

Troy S Agent

I am debating on the level 2 or level 3 in-ceilings. 2 sets will be for surrounds so thinking level 2 on those and the 3rd set will be for listening in the bedroom which will be all music so thinking the level 3 with 8" would be more musical.

Thoughts?

Anyone ever heard their bookshelves, centers or subs?