1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

In Ceiling (Side and Rear) speakers

Discussion in 'Speakers & Subwoofers' started by EYESPORTS, Sep 25, 2006.

1. EYESPORTS

EYESPORTS Agent

I'm interested in the Ascend 340SE for front pair and center channel. Can anyone recommend "in ceiling" (round) speakers that I can use for the sides and rear (7.1). They must be in ceiling (round) - do to WAF.

2. SethH

SethH Cinematographer

What's your budget? These speakers can range from $75/pair up into the thousands. I'm guessing it's somewhere in between [​IMG]

And you'll just have to accept that they won't be perfectly matched since Ascend doesn't make in-walls or in-ceilings. Not a huge deal though as most people must compromise on some part of their system (and it's usually the surrounds).

3. EYESPORTS

EYESPORTS Agent

Budget is around $150-$175 per speaker (so x4). I called Ascend Acoustics - they recommended Sonance. I spent alot of time going thru the A/V forums - where a few have recommended Proficient speakers (all in ceiling). Ascend said that would also be a good match. So, was trying to find the most perfect fit - prior to purchase.

4. zmurphy

zmurphy Extra

eyesport, i have to second the Proficient's plus they also make some that are angled so they can be used for inceiliing LCR's. PM me for a great price