What's new

In case you Jean Harlow fans missed it (1 Viewer)

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
Warner Archives has announced a 7 movie Jean Harlow collection due September 19th. I stand to be corrected but I believe this is the DVD debut of these titles: Saratoga, Riff Raff, Personal Property, Suzy. On the other hand Reckless, Bombshell and Girl From Missouri have been part of the Archives collection for awhile.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I think this is a reprint of an existing collection - I've had this set since last year. Maybe Warner is quietly preparing a pressed version? I think it came with some limited edition packaging, posters, lobby cards, maybe they had run out of those and needed to get those reprinted.

It's a good set, though. So far, I've only watched Saratoga and Suzy, but looking forward to the rest!

bujaki

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero
I purchased this set in Oct. 2011. Big fan of Harlow. Wore no underclothes, at least during those great pre-Code years.

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
My bad! Warners Archives has it listed under pre orders with 9/19/17 release date. Didn't know it was a MOD reissue of a previously pressed title.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
The original (or at least the one I have) was an MOD too. I don't think it's ever been offered pressed.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
My bad! Warners Archives has it listed under pre orders with 9/19/17 release date. Didn't know it was a MOD reissue of a previously pressed title.

Not bad at all. You're probably not the only person unaware of the previous set. It's always good to remind others of what's available.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
I've just spent a few minutes searching on-line for the old set . . . . and it seems to be OOP. I suspected Warners must have had a reason for re-issuing it!

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Not bad at all. You're probably not the only person unaware of the previous set. It's always good to remind others of what's available.

I was unaware and now I'm interested. So thanks, Thomas.

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
would have thought by now that at least one of the title would have been a candidate for a blu ray release, Dinner at Eight, seems like a great start, and for those wanting to see an HD release from Columbia/Sony apparently Platinum Blond is available for HD streaming on Amazon Prime. Hope that means that the next Capra Collection film from Sony isn't a MOD title

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eathree
Recent bookmarks