What's new

In Canada, Or The GTA: Has Anyone found The Complete Musketeers? (1 Viewer)

Dave Simpson

Second Unit
Has anyone in Canada found a copy of Anchor Bay's Complete Musketeers yet? I turned a mall upside down last Tuesday (release date) with no luck. Sunrise, HMV, Music World, Wal-Mart all looked at me as though I was from Mars. Future Shop has it listed as "out of stock". What gives? I recall that AB's releases are occassionally delayed in Canada by about a month. Can this be the case here?
Cheers!

DS.

CraigF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig
Resurrecting an old thread after a search: I saw this in a local B&M for the first time yesterday, so wanted to see what everybody said about it. And I regularly scour the shelves out here. Enjoyed the goofy movies, so picked it up. IMO it is perhaps a bit expensive though, at Cdn$33 (Wal-Mart), but not too bad for 2 flicks. FWIW, yesterday Wal-Mart got in a lot of discs that are not new that they and no other retailer out here has ever had before. Many of these are good movies, not just junk deletes, and some of them are normally *very* hard to get anywhere. Seems like somebody cleared out a warehouse... These are all American discs from various studios.

Brent Avery

Supporting Actor
Dave: I was not even aware of it's release at the time I was visiting a local Future Shop in Vancouver. (Richmond, actually). I just happened to see two copies for sale buried with all of there other titles and made a spur of the moment decision to buy it. I did check on it and this was during the first week of its release. I never thought it was this difficult to find. So there may be some out there still. I hope you come across one!

Dave Simpson

Second Unit
Thanks for the help, fellas. I was able to find a copy sometime in March at my local Wal-Mart (it's still the only place I've since seen it for sale). As Craig observed, the price may be a bit steep, but I'm simply thrilled to have these two movies on my shelf. AB's transfers here are first-rate, and the mono soundtracks are hiss and pop free. Extras are okay, too.
Say Craig, what are some of these hard-to-find titles now available at Wal-Mart? Just curious, mate...
Cheers.

DS.

CraigF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig
By "hard to find" I mean titles I've never seen in local B&M's, though certainly they're available somewhere and/or online. I'm the type who does a quick run-through of all a store's titles, like every week or two. I can do it pretty fast now... So I notice when there's something "different", it sticks out.

I can't really remember the titles because there were so many, and mostly unfamiliar to me. I was there in the morning and they still had most of the "new" stuff in boxes, like stacks of them, but they had been unsealed so I looked in them all (got a little flack for that from one employee I've never seen there before). Sorry I can't be more helpful, but you'd have to take a look. Also, their prices are all over the place, some excellent and some high, you have to know your local market. The Complete Musketeers is something I would have bought long ago if I had ever seen it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks