What's new

Improve your streaming audio: win an Arcam airDAC! (1 Viewer)

conrail35

Auditioning
Real Name
Mike
This will make listening to music on the patio so much easier.
Goodby 15' stereo mini to RCA cable!

Makkkk

Auditioning
Real Name
marshall
If I win I will hook it up to my home theater and see if i can hear a difference it makes on my paradigm ct 90s.

Peter Apruzzese

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Apruzzese
I'd use this in my dedicated 2 channel setup with iTunes to replace an Airport Express and test it against my trusty HRT MusicStreamer DAC.

Frank Murphy

Auditioning
Real Name
Frank Murphy
This is a terrific piece of gear. A friend of mine has one and it's typical Arcam sonic and build quality. I'd make very good use it connected to my AVR-600 receiver!

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
I would use the airDAC to stream from my Mac mini to my living room stereo.

TommyZ3

Auditioning
Real Name
Tom Caines
I would set this up with my Rotel, Vandersteen, SVS home theater system to stream in several music sources and iOS device playback.

adinmd

Auditioning
Real Name
Andrei
I would use it to play music from my ipad onto an Outlaw RR2150 receiver with B&W speakers. Would sound awesome I'm sure...

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
Adam Gregorich said:
The airDAC is the latest addition to the rSeries and allows you to network any audio system to an Apple Airplay® enabled music source. The airDAC is the only audiophile quality Airplay enabled device in the market and also features a secondary digital audio input.
attachicon.gif
airdav.jpg

The airDAC is one of the simplest ways to enjoy your favorite music from your UPnP device, iPhone®/iPad® or computer running iTunes® and brings Arcam quality sound to a whole new generation of music lovers. In addition you can use AirPlay with iDevices running iOS7, to send music to your audio system from Internet radio services like vTuner and TuneIn Radio, as well as music streaming services like Spotify and Qobuz. Full details are available from Arcam here. MSRP is approx. $700

To win simply reply to this topic and tell us how you will use it. A winner will be drawn at random. Winner must be over 18, and have a US or Canadian shipping address. Contest ends on 9/7 at 11:59PM PT
I would use it to listen to music from my macbook pro via my receiver!

KTinCA

Auditioning
Real Name
Kevin
Sounds like a not-outrageously-priced way to upgrade the SONOS adaptor in my bedroom system...

Thanks!

JeremyR

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jeremy
I am not a fan of Apple, so I will try and figure out if there is a way to use this that does not require me to use iTunes. I do have a first gen Touch, and I do have iTunes on my PC and my Windows 8.1 Tablet so if worse comes to worse it looks like I can stream music using iTunes. My new Sony Xperia Z1S Android phone also looks like it could be a Universal Plug & Play option. It will be hooked up to my Onkyo TX-SR805 driving my Paradigm 7.1 system.

Richard Travale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Travale
I would use this for the many theme parties I have where people suggest music. This way they can bring it on their own device and I could play on my own system, particularly outside. Plus the ability to listen to my newly purchased music through my main system will be very nice too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cennetkaralowa
Recent bookmarks