improper flagging and WinDVD... please help!

Discussion in 'Computers' started by Juan Books, Jan 9, 2005.

1. Juan Books

Juan Books Stunt Coordinator

I have been watching my DVDs at my computer for some time now, with excellent results, but there is this problem I have not been able to resolve. When watching tv-on-DVD, like the second season of the Simpsons, I get this very annoying combs in the image, which are referred to as "improper flagging", and which look like this:

[​IMG]

I use WinDVD 3.2, but just downloaded the trial version of the latest release, and still the combs persist. Can any of you guys PLEASE help me get rid of them??

thanks!!!!!!

2. Jeff Jacobson

Jeff Jacobson Cinematographer

I think this is due to the show being edited on videotape. Somebody explained this in great detail on one of the threads about one of the Simpsons DVD sets. I don't think there is anything you can do to "fix" the problem on your PC, because the problem is with the source material that the DVD was made from.

3. Juan Books

Juan Books Stunt Coordinator

do you by any chance remeber which thread was it? I've been searching for it for half an hour without success.

4. Jeff Jacobson

Jeff Jacobson Cinematographer

I don't remember which one. I think it was one of the official review threads, though.