1. The HTF Tapatalk application has been discontinued. Please see the thread in the Forum Help & Feedback area for more information.
    Dismiss Notice

Impressed with UPS lately

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Stephen Orr, Aug 18, 2002.

1. Stephen Orr

Stephen Orr Screenwriter

Since my son is leaving for college this week, my wife and I decided to send a bunch of his clothes and dorm room items ahead to wait on him. He and his mother are driving his new car (gift from a VERY generous friend of his grandma's!) but there's not enough room to take the stuff he needs.

UPS delivered the first three boxes (30 lbs+ each) this week from Va Beach to Nashville in just under two days, ground, for about 8.50 a box. We established an account on the UPS website with a cc, and printed the labels right off the inkjet. We have a pak-n-ship about a block away, so dropping the boxes off was no problem. Tracking online is a breeze.

Now the only thing he has to take in the car is his computer and the clothes he kept out for this week. Everything else is already waiting on him at the college mail room.

2. Paul D Young

Paul D Young Second Unit

Dear Stephen,
    Thanks! I work at UPS although I'm sure I didn't have anything to do with your packages. So many people have horror stories that most forget that 99.9% of the time, there aren't any problems at all.

Now, to return the favor, why don't you introduce me to this very generous friend. I think I'd like to be her friend as well.

3. Jay H

Jay H Producer

Jay
    I've only had two or so minor problems with UPS, most of it is packages being delayed a day or two because it was misrouted. But for the most part, I'm a happy UPS customer. I've also had good success with FedEx with my bike, shipping to Alaska last year.

The UPS guy typically leaves packages in the driveway but I live in a safe place and never had a problem.

Jay

4. Tim Kilbride

Tim Kilbride Stunt Coordinator

It seemed like for a while there, everything I shipped UPS got destroyed...but in the recent past there has been a big push and the service has improved greatly!!!!
    Thanks to all the UPS people who drop in here...
    Tim K.
    [​IMG]

5. Ryan Wright

Ryan Wright Screenwriter

6. Leila Dougan

Leila Dougan Screenwriter

Ryan, I have a similar story with the company I work for. In fact, its still an ongoing problem. See, about 2 1/2 years ago they changed the streetname and gave another street about a mile away the old name.
    UPS can't figure out where our building is. They attempt to deliver the package to other street that has the old name but obviously our building is there. The packages all have the new name on them but UPS insists the street does not exist. This has been going on for the entire 2 1/2 years. Finally the site director called the UPS manager and within 1/2 hr he personally delivered the packages in his personal vehicle. Its great that he does that for us, but we have to call everytime we are expecting a package. [​IMG]
    My personal experience with UPS for personal deliveries during the past 3 years goes against the spirit of this thread. I'll just leave it at that.