Impressed with B&H Photo Video, bhphotovideo.com

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Benjamen, Dec 30, 2002.

1. Benjamen

Benjamen Auditioning

I just wanted to say that B&H Photo and Video, www.bhphotovideo.com, was a great company to deal with. I bought a JBL NSP1II surround speaker system along with a Yamaha YSTSW305 sub. The prices were great (within dollars of some of the 'shady' places on the net), shipping was extremely fast, packages were double boxed, their website contained all my order information along with tracking numbers, and they even worked with me on the shipping costs (NY to AZ can get a little pricey).
    I recommend taking a look at this company when shopping around.

2. JohnRice

JohnRice Lead Actor

John
    B&H is pretty decent. They do sell some grey market stuff, but they are generally pretty clear about when an item does not come with a manufacturer's warranty as a result. With some things they offer both US and grey. With grey, they have their own warranty, and while I don't know how good they are about honoring them, they are unlikely to disappear like some of the many shady places.

FWIW, they are an absolutely enormous photo stock house. Because I can't get most of my supplies locally anymore, I buy most of it from B&H. Still, they aren't above the occasional bait and switch, but if you order off the site, they have no chance to switch.

On the whole, they are pretty good, though I have never bought audio gear from them.

3. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

If you ever go near their store in NYC, leave your wallet at home, otherwise you'll go hog wild [​IMG]

4. noahG

noahG Agent

I've blown money both in person and online with them and have nothing but good things to say. When I'm looking to buy something that they might sell (cameras/camcorders/pro audio stuff) I always check with them first. They are also pretty helpful when you call them just for advice. I called a while back with some questions about DV cameras and the guy gave me exactly the advice I was looking for.