What's new

Impostor (1 Viewer)

Brad_W

Screenwriter
B00005JKS4.01.MZZZZZZZ.jpg

I've been seeing a lot of previews for this film recently and here is what I have to say about it:
Well, it looks like an interesting SF film, but it also looks like a made-for-TV movie. The poster looks awesome and even if I hate the film, I'll buy the poster - how lame is that? I enjoy Gary Sinise (on a nightly basis! ;) ), but I don't think he is right for this part. One thing that it does have going for it is "acclaimed sci-fi writer Philip K. Dick" (amazon.com) who wrote Blade Runner (which by the way, did anyone else notice that at the end credits of Blade Runner they thanked William S. Burroughs (sp?) for use of the title? Why is that?) and Total Recall. I think the science fiction aspect of this film will be good, but some of the acting and some of the effects looks to be very bad.
All in all I will see this movie, but I will not have my hopes up. By the way, the film opens December 25, 2001.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Just remember, I seem to remember seeing trailers for this movie on Mission To Mars - Miramax has been keeping it under wraps for quite some time, and they're probably releasing it now based on the strategy of "well, maybe it'll get spillover if Fellowship is sold out". So I'm not expecting much.

Brad_W

Screenwriter
Jason you're right. I also believe that I've seen trailers for this before Mission To Mars came out because I remember thinking it was weird that Gary Sinise had two SF films coming out. Then I forgot about it. This was the movie.

Alex Spindler

Senior HTF Member
Here's my concern for the film. I was initially interested in the movie back when it first surfaced. Now I have some major reservations. First, the new marketing team is taking a page from the marketing team of Supernova's book - introducing a Sci-Fi film with inappropriate modern songs, with some hope to draw in the younger or non-sci-fi crowd. The reason it was done with Supernova is because they didn't have much of a film (IMO), and had to draw in the less well researched younger crowd. I'm worried that this is being delayed because it's of lower quality, either in production values or in story.
I will give it a try just because I do enjoy a good scifi film and I hope it's just a sleeper that they didn't know how to handle. But I have my fears :frowning:

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
did anyone else notice that at the end credits of Blade Runner they thanked William S. Burroughs (sp?) for use of the title? Why is that?)
Burroughs wrote a short story which is the first recognised use of the term 'Blade Runner' - I can't remember if that was the title of it - I vaguely remember the story being about medical people purposely causing accidents to get bodies to sell. Probably completely wrong.

Mark Pfeiffer

Screenwriter
I thought I saw a trailer for this two years ago. Not a good sign. The new trailer reminds me of The Sixth Day.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks