Imposter Special Edition???????

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by JeffreyMercado, Jul 6, 2002.

1. JeffreyMercado

JeffreyMercado Second Unit

My local Best Buy circular has imposter for this Tuesday. I was wondering if anybody heard of a special edition of this movie coming out. It looks pretty bare bones with a cheesy cover. Anyone read a review? I thought this was not coming out until August?

2. Matthew Chmiel

Matthew Chmiel Cinematographer

The DVD that comes out on Tuesday includes:

- 1.85:1 Anamorphic Widescreen
    - English Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround Sound
    - "The Imposter Files" Original Featurette
    - Original "Imposter" Short Film
    - Theatrical Trailer

Along with a new "exclusive director's cut" of the film which has been rated R.

3. Mark Pfeiffer

Mark Pfeiffer Screenwriter

I'm no fan of the film, but I do have this DVD, which I hope to have a review of posted before the weekend's out. Just got done watching the film, and for the life of me I can't tell what's new. (I've probably seen 150 films since I saw this in the theater, so that's not much of a suprise.) Audio and video were pretty impressive, FWIW.

I'm curious to see how this plays as the short since based on what I've read, that was how it was originally intended.

I'll keep you posted.

4. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

Yes, Imposter was originally supposed to be part of an anthology film, so the short version should be 45-50min long

5. Mark Pfeiffer

Mark Pfeiffer Screenwriter

My review of Impostor is now posted. FWIW, the short is 37:38 and presented in non-anamorphic widescreen with 2.0 sound.