What's new

Importing Danish R2 DVDs? (1 Viewer)

Guido

Stunt Coordinator
Hey-
Sorry if this is a repeat thread, but I don't see anything that this might work with. I am trying to find a place to import Danish R2 DVDs - Amazon doesn't do it and the few Danish (.dk) online retailers I found don't have shipping options to the US.

Anyone with any ideas? I'm trying to get a pretty mainstream, easy to find on DVD retails sites from Denmark dvd shipped to the US.

Thanks!

g

Bleddyn Williams

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bleddyn Williams
I've used laserdisken.com a couple of times with fine results. However, you will need to have some form of Danish-English directory to hand (I used an online one) as the page is in danish. You can email them to make sure your order has gone through properly. I did this and got a reply (in english) within the hour.

andrew markworthy

Senior HTF Member
I wouldn't worry about the language barrier. A huge percentage of Scandanavians speak English (usually humblingly well), so an enquiry is likely to be forthcoming to any questions you have.

Guido

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks so much for the help - Laserdisken actually doesn't have the same edition it appears.

I'm looking for Prozac Nation - was put out on R2 Danish and an R5 Russian - there is one version of the R2 release with tons of special features and widescreen cut. I found it on DVDstrax/com and Ebay for an absurd amount. Dvdstrax doesn't have shipping to US, but I did email them. Has anyone ever used them?

Any other sites that seem to work for Danish R2 to the US? Also what translator do you use? The only one I know, Babelfish, doesn't have Danish.

THANKS so much!!!

Guido

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks! How do you (if you do) translate the site? Sometimes it's pretty easy to navigate regardless of the language, but sometimes a little help is good so you know you are putting the right info in the right spot! Also do they ship to the US?

Thanks SO MUCH!

Mark_vdH

Screenwriter
The do ship to the US, but I don't know at what costs....

I ordered without translation help.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks