What's new

Importing British speakers into Canada - duties? (1 Viewer)

ThucN

Agent
Have any Canadian members of this forum bought British-made speakers online and shipped them into Canada? Are there import duties in addition to the GST/PST?

FYI, I'm looking to buy ATC speakers.

Anthony_I

Stunt Coordinator
I bought an amp from California (Rythmik Audio) and had to pay $38 in taxes when it crossed the border.

so you will probably end up paying some type of fee

PeterTinios

Auditioning
I'm not sure if this help's you,

If you do any travelling outside of Canada for 2 days or more you have a duty and Tax free Allotment starting at $200.00 up to $750.00 for 7 days away from Canada.

Whan you come back and fill out your Canada Customs form you will see there is a line that says goods to follow, you check that off and when you clear customs they then give you a form to fill out the discription of goods that are going to follow and that's it.

There is one thing though, if you use FedEx or UPS tell your shipper to put in the instruction section that you will clear the item when it arrives (otherwise you get charged a brocharige fee to clear it through customs. plus you can use your duty free exemption form).

I have done this many times (I am an airline Pilot) and it is easy going through the customs process.

Cheers

Peter

Canada Customs

Claiming unaccompanied goods
When goods arrive that preceded or followed your arrival in Canada, you have 40 days to claim them by producing your copy of Form E24, Personal Exemption Customs Declaration. This is the form you had to complete when you returned from abroad.

The carrier who delivers the goods will ask you to pay the duties that apply, along with a processing fee. You then have two options. You can:

accept delivery by paying the amount owing and then file a claim with us for a refund; or
refuse to accept delivery.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks