What's new

Important suggestion for naming topics including Ron’s reviews (1 Viewer)

Sam Davatchi

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
SamD
There is a problem with the search function that I encounter from time to time. The problem is that if a character is attached to a name of a movie, you cannot find it later just by typing the name and that’s important because if you can’t find the topic, it’s as good as dead. My suggestion is that when people type a name of a movie in the topic title, the name not be attached to anything.

Few examples:
I typed a search for DRIVE in the movies section and found
***Official 'MULHOLLAND DRIVE' Review Thread
and didn’t find
*** Official "MULHOLLAND DRIVE" Discussion Thread Page

Also the same problem with Ron’s official HTF reviews. I always have problem to find them.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I found the Mulholland Drive discussion by searching with "mulholland discussion" and got a list that include the Official Mulholland Drive discussion thread. :)

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
I typed a search for DRIVE in the movies section and found
***Official 'MULHOLLAND DRIVE' Review Thread
and didn’t find
*** Official "MULHOLLAND DRIVE" Discussion Thread Page
I just tried the same search, and both "Mulholland Drive" threads were included in the results. You may have overlooked one of them, because a search on a common word like "drive" brings up a very long list (I got 11 pages of results). The better practice is to search on the least common word in the title. In this case, that would be "mulholland".

M.

Sam Davatchi

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
SamD
No, the problem is still there:
I did another search with drive, movie section and search topic titles only of course. I get only 4 results:
1) ***Official 'MULHOLLAND DRIVE' Review Thread
2) Mulholland Drive in Austin..
3) Question: How do I save Quicktime movie previews to hard drive?
4) David Lynch on Leno @ Mulholland Drive

Sam Davatchi

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
SamD
Thanks, yes, now it works. I see that you have changed the title. “ to ‘
Isn’t there a possibility to correct the search function? Because there are many other topics including Ron’s official reviews with “ and other special characters attached to the beginning and the end of the titles.

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
The intrepid Mr. Clack is already on it, now that the culprit has been identified. Apparently, though, it's not something that's simple to fix, so please bear with us.

M.

Sam Davatchi

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
SamD
Could you please inform Ron also if it’s appropriate? (To use ‘) I see new official HTF reviews with “ instead of ‘ and they are un-searchable with the topic title!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks