What's new

Important Info for Redeeming Ultraviolet Digital Copies. (1 Viewer)

Joshua Clinard

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joshua Clinard
It is not necessary to create accounts for each studio to redeem UV digital copies. You can redeem UV titles directly on the retailer's website. On vudu, the title does not even have to appear in the array of movie posters. You can redeem many more titles by typing the name of the movie you wish to redeem in the search box on the page below. You can also redeem many titles on flixster.
http://www.vudu.com/redeem
http://www.flixster.com/ultraviolet/

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
I have had to create an account for every video company, for Vudu, and for Ultraviolet. That's a lot of accounts to manage.

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
Also, Vudu cancelled the promotional credits I earned from signing up and purchasing blu-rays at Walmart. Fail.

Joshua Clinard

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joshua Clinard
I just discovered something on the vudu redeem page. If a movie's poster image is not on that page, you can still redeem it on vudu by typing it's name in the search box. Almost all of the UV movies are redeemable through vudu now. So now you only have to have 2 accounts, instead of 3!

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Steve Tannehill said:
I have had to create an account for every video company, for Vudu, and for Ultraviolet. That's a lot of accounts to manage.
exactly right. as i said in the other thread. I had to create 5 accounts just for 2 movies.
Now I know those five accounts arent needed to waTCH the movies but I still had to do it
five times just to get those movies into Vudu

Jason Charlton

Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason Charlton
Originally Posted by Joshua Clinard /t/323227/important-info-for-redeeming-ultraviolet-digital-copies#post_3966306
...I just like watching movies wherever I am, on whatever device I want to.

... but do you really NEED every single title in your library available on any device at any time? I simply fail to grasp the importance some people seem to place on having a complete library of portable movie content.

I've said before in other threads that the whole concept of "digital copies" only recently gained any form of "value" for me since I got an iPad. I've gone through my catalog of titles and found some that had digital copy codes, and I set them up through iTunes without the slightest bit of trouble.

Having a "few" movies available for the RARE occassion when I'm traveling or otherwise away from home is a nice bonus. I'm not going to cry over the fact that the next time I travel, I have to choose between 5 or 6 movies instead of 30 or 40 movies. I have yet to sit and watch a whole movie on the iPad. I have yet to travel with the iPad.

The presence or absence of a digital copy in a new release still has NOT SWAYED my purchasing choices whatsoever. Take "The Avengers" for example. The only Blu-ray version that includes a digital copy is the 4-disc combo which carries a $10 msrp price premium over the 2-disc combo. The $10 gets me a digital copy and a 3-D version. I don't care AT ALL about the 3-D version, and I care VERY LITTLE about the digital copy.

I'll save $5 (current Amazon price difference) and stick with the 2-disc version. The next time I'm away from home, and I have a hankering to watch "The Avengers", I'll just wait.

Portable is good for news/information. Portable is good for reading (I can read a chapter of a book at a time - in 15 minute increments and not lose grasp of the story). I can't do the same thing with movies. If I'm going to watch a movie, I want to watch in uninterrupted and in its entirety. The only time I can see myself doing this is sitting on an airplane, or sitting alone in a hotel room (and there's nothing on TV - which would be my first choice - bigger screen).

All this talk of the headaches of UV have reinforced my early apathy towards digital copies. If I see a UV logo on a package, meh. If I see a "Works with iTunes" badge, meh (+)... My first thought when I get a new title is watching it on my big screen with big sound - not watching it on a 7" screen with tinny mono sound.

Just my 2 cents...

DennisBassi

Second Unit
Real Name
Dennis
I too, want to watch my movies on my big screen with lossless audio, which is always the way I watch it the first time. However, I have been a fan of digital copies since the beginning. It is great having the ability to watch while traveling or to share a movie with someone on the spur of the moment from my iPad or iPhone by an external connection. Further, I have only rarely paid extra for a digital copy, as I have a 3D setup which I enjoy and I tend to buy deluxe editions which include the digital copy in the package at no extra cost.
That being said, I am not a fan of ultraviolet and have yet to redeem a single copy. iTunes is the perfect digital copy manager. I can watch through Apple TV, which several of my friends have, I can connect my IOS device to a display in various ways and I can utilize the cloud if I wish -- all from my single Apple account that I started several years ago. I am also secure in the knowledge that I have my copies on my hard disk and they will remain mine forever.
I am grateful that the recent trend has been to offer digital copies with both UV and iTunes formats, but am disappointed that the launch did not start out that way, which is why I have not yet redeemed Green Lantern or Harry Potter 7 part 2.
To the extent that multiple formats continue to be offered, I have no problem with UV, but if it is to be one or the other, I hope the iTunes format prevails.

dimona2

Auditioning
Real Name
Deanne
I love the UV movies. I'm disabled and its easier to watch with a click then to have to put hardware into player. Vudu accepts most codes.. occasionally I run into one that is resistant and I go to flixster. Thank you for the Vudu advice.. I only figured it out A COUPLE OF WEEKS AGO. Today I found this site. It's great!

[email protected]

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mike
I signed up a couple months ago. It seemed really easy to me. Have over 90 movies with Ultraviolet already and they can be accessed on every device I own....cool!

Julie Haig

Auditioning
Hi Josh, I apologize as I am fairly new to streaming movies. I have Thor and the avengers from a co worker, but do not have the disc. I was trying to follow your directions on the redeem screen but was not exactly following.

Also, how does a person get so many movies? I use listia, and friends give me their inserts, but I am really just starting. That being said, in 3 months, I have 160 movies. I look at your collection and Im quite envious!

One last question I looked at your Disney collection link ...thank you. Very cool.

Joshua Clinard

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joshua Clinard
Hi Julie,

First of all, the two movies you mentioned, are Mavel movies, and Marvel is owned by Disney. Disney is not a part of the UltraViolet ecosystem. However, some Disney movies come with Digital Copy Plus, and those movies will transfer to vudu. Only movies that have come out since early 2013 are part of that program.

To get a lot of UV movies, you can buy codes on certain websites. Here is my store if your interested.

http://ultravioletstore.tictail.com. There are others too. Or you can use Disc to Digtal to get a lot of movies for cheap.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks