What's new

Important Announcement regarding 60th Anniversary Edition of A CHRISTMAS CAROL (Alastair Sim) (1 Viewer)

Marvin

Screenwriter
Real Name
Marvin
bgart13 said:
Thanks, Eric.
I posted an inquiry to VCI on Facebook about this "new" listing, and they quickly replied that it's the same content but they removed the 60th Anniversary banner.
Thanks. Sorry for the false alarm.

I can confirm that the 2012 issue had the problems as described in this thread. What a shame to do a quality restoration and then botch the authoring.

Ejanss

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
EricJ
Amazingly enough, NO...Through six years of repeated trial and error, can they have finally gotten it right?

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
Is it really repeated trial and error? Don't they just keep issuing the same faulty disc?

Jacksmyname

Second Unit
Real Name
Jack Walder
I bought this when it was released, but for some reason, never watched it. And this is my favorite version of Scrooge, bar none.
This thread roused my curiousity, so I spun it up to take a look.
I did notice a few very brief jumps early on, and the dancing floor boards just prior to Marley's appearance. I only watched through most if Marley's scenes.
While I'm sure there are more jumps, what I saw wasn't really that bad. While I didn't watch much, the jumps were rare and very brief. I've also seen things similar to dancing floor boards on other old films, so I have a feeling that problem is in the film itself rather than with disc authoring (just a guess). Overall, the PQ is terrific. Like everyone else, I'd love to see a perfect release of this wonderful film, but for now I'm VERY pleased with this one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks