Import GBA

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Camp, Jan 21, 2002.

1. Camp

Camp Cinematographer

Dumb question: Do Japanese GBA games play on the US GBA without modification?

Can you recommend any good import game e-tailers? My wife must have Mr. Driller 2.

Thanks!

2. BrianB

BrianB Producer

No region locking with GBA games, which is rather nice. After Nintendo delayed Advance Wars in Europe, a good number of my mates imported it. So yes, you'll be able to play MrDriller 2 on your USA GBA fine.
    The only hiccup is that certain link-up games will only play with other carts from the same territory - I believe Mario Kart does this.
    My usual game importer reccomendations:
    NCS (http://www.ncsx.com)
    Tronix (http://www.tronixweb.com)
    Cart-Mart (http://www.cart-mart.com)
    For European games:
    Gameplay.com (http://www.gameplay.com)
    Been after Mr.Driller 2 too, the wife is a major addict of the first one.

3. Camp

Camp Cinematographer

Thanks Brian!

4. BrianB

BrianB Producer

No problem, Camp, hope you got sorted. I know how important it is to feed those female gaming addictions [​IMG]

5. Iain Lambert

Iain Lambert Screenwriter

Any chance either of you could do a review if you do get it? Another person with a (in this case future) wife with a Mr. Driller addiction. Not that I keep playing it as well. Oh no, not at all [​IMG] .

6. Camp

Camp Cinematographer

7. Kelley_B

Kelley_B Cinematographer

Diana is like this with Space Channel 5, so I know what you are going through........"is it out yet?" "does it come out this week?".

8. BrianB

BrianB Producer

To the Mr.Driller fans, there's another Mr.Driller game out for the PSX too - it's not quite Mr.Driller 1, it's not quite Mr.Driller 2, kind of a mish-mash with some new features exclusive to that version.

Unfortunately, it's gotten next to zero coverage over here, so I've no idea if it's worth picking up on import from Japan.

9. Iain Lambert

Iain Lambert Screenwriter

Its kind of depressing, isn't it? I play games for all these years, and yet do I stand the slightest chance in a two-player Bust A Move game against Caroline? Do I hell.

10. Frank_Lee

Frank_Lee Agent

11. BrianB

BrianB Producer

Sounds like my situation with DOA2, Iain. I can keep pace with most of the hardcore guys here in work on that game (and DOA3), but against my wife? She whips me everytime.

Puzzle games though, I rock on. She loves them, but I still win at Super Puzzle Fighter almost everytime. This will sound bigheaded - I find it too hard to lose. The handicaps don't work on me. I *Love* that game.

12. Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley Lead Actor

A friend of mine (who just so happens to be a girl) can whoop me at any time in Tetris and Tetris Attack.

13. BrianB

BrianB Producer

Heh, a mate at Sony was clearing out some Japanese games... I'm getting Mr.DrillerG from him. Woohoo!