What's new

Impatient - any word on release dates for HK AVR-7200 or Denon AVR-2803? (1 Viewer)

MikeMcGrew

Stunt Coordinator
The 2803 is now available from what I understand. All the info is on their website. What did you want to know about it???

Mike Up

Supporting Actor
You can buy it today here. You can also gain a lot of information at their on-line store on this model

I've done some research and I'm made a list of differences between the AVR-2803 and the AVR-3803.

AVR-2803 is similar to AVR-3803 but does not have

1)192/24 Burr Brown DACs, has 96/24 Analog Devices DACs
2)Pure Direct Mode, just Direct mode
3)Alpha 24 processing
4)Component Up-conversion
5)On-screen menus through component video output
6)2 optical digital outputs, only 1 optical digital output
7)5 optical digital inputs, only 4 optical digital inputs
8)Digital audio delay
9)110 watts/ch. into 8ohms, instead has 90watt/ch.
10) Dual surround speaker mode, instead offers 2 pairs of front speaker outputs
11) DDSC
12) Zone 2 composite video output
13) LCD programmable/learning backlit remote, instead has programmable/learning remote with glow buttons and without LCD screen.
14) Capability of accepting 192/24 bit digital signals, only 96/24 bit signals with it's 24 bit/96 kHz Digital Interface Receiver (circuit which detects the differing digital signals) .

Happy listening.

Charles M Berry

Stunt Coordinator
I don't know if this has been mentioned before, but I saw a full page ad for Onecall in Sound and Vision today, which featured the HK 7200. I figure this is another small, but good sign of its eventual release.

FYI: Nothing new from HK in the last couple of days as far as promotional info or firm release dates go. :frowning: If HK takes too long, I may just have to spend twice as much and get that gorgeous Sunfire Ultimate Receiver.

Mark All

Second Unit
Onecall has the price set at $1999 now, but no stock in yet. This is higher than the projected price, but seems fair considering the features put into the unit--especially bass management for DVD-A and SACD. I guess this really is the replacement for the AVR8000 Harman said they were going to keep as their flagship receiver.

Kevin C Brown

Senior HTF Member
That BM on the analog inputs is almost definately digital.

The same "triple crossover" used for DD/DTS/CD, etc.

I'm hoping the high passed portion is kept in the analog domain though.

Charles M Berry

Stunt Coordinator
The HK 7200 is now available!!!!

It's advertised on Onecall for $1999.00 and "in stock", even though HK website still doesn't say its out yet.

Who's gonna get the first one?? :emoji_thumbsup:

Charles M Berry

Stunt Coordinator
Hey, remember all those cool HTF special offers for other HK recievers, are there any plans for deals on the 7200 for forum members?

Charles M Berry

Stunt Coordinator
Awesome, keep us updated Gabriel.

Do you think you could put a picture of the back of the avr-7200 up on your website, or have one of your salesguys ask HK if they could add one to there site?

Thanks in advance

Gabriel_Lam

Screenwriter
OK, starting midnight tonight, Home Theater Forum will be able to get you an AVR7200 for $1529.15 including FedEx 3rd day shipping. :)

I'll update here with a purchase link later.

If you want a bigger picture, I'll check around.

Charles M Berry

Stunt Coordinator
Holy S**t, I think I am gonna have to buy that mother!!

Talk about a fast response, thank you Gabriel!!! The pic is impressive, to say the least :emoji_thumbsup:.

I was going to wait a few days/weeks to see if some members with more money to burn than a poor college punk like me bought it, so I could hear the feedback before I sold a kidney. But now you've gotten the best of my willpower :frowning: . I think the Mastercard is going to have to come out of the wallet just around midnight.

As a side note; about how many of these units do you have, since none of the other authorized dealers seem to have them in stock yet.

Gabriel_Lam

Screenwriter
There are actually only a few units right now. It's through OneCall, so it's fully authorized by Harman International. They're actually the first one in the nation to get this receiver.

MikeMcGrew

Stunt Coordinator
Hey Charles, can you really sell a kidney??? I mean, I have two right. How many kidneys does a guy need anyway??? What's the going rate for a healthy kidney? Do you think I will be able to afford a decent amp too? Who do I have to call to get this kind of info? Is there a doctor in the house??? :D :D :D Just kidding (sort of). That sure seems like a great price though. I'll probably be delivering pizzas here real soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks