What's new

Impact; ABC TV miniseries (1 Viewer)

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I guess I'm a sucker for these kinds of movies.

I saw part one tonight. It was okay. Some passable special effects, made more convincing through the use of CGI.

This was an odd looking movie. I had the look of a low to moderate budgeted cable made telefilm, something like the last Outer Limits series made into a film with known American actors and filmed in Canada. And not originally intended for Network TV.

Some the science was interesting and it had that veneer of reality as something that could happen, however unlikely.

Shawn Shultzaberger

Supporting Actor
I watched this last night as well. It felt low budget but I liked the science behind it and will watch part 2. Part 2 looks like it might be a little over the top but we'll see.

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
I, too am a sucker for these kind of movies. I watched part 1, but from the previews of part 2, I'm not sure I will be watching it. I will probably DVR part 2 and just skip over the parts that look too hokey for me.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Part 2 wasn't bad. A little bit of mis-direction from the trailers. Many expected twists and turns. The final resolution was sci-fi of course, ejecting the brown dwarf core and splitting the Moon in half! They were able to fly to the Moon very fast as well and build that machine quickly.

Looked fun and made for great visuals, but I find it very hard to believe!

RAF

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
The minute that first "explosion" on the moon in the first few minutes of Part One appeared (space has no atmosphere, therefore no sound nor flashes of light when there's no oxygen around) I was ready to erase this miniseries from my DVR. However, it actually became an enjoyable popcorn movie once I turned out my science background and suspended disbelief. I'll finish watching it tonight (if I stop playing with HTF 2.0 that is).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks