What's new

IMHO the ugliest car in the World... (1 Viewer)

Reginald Trent

Screenwriter
quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It's obvious that you guys have never seen a PACER made by the now defunct American Motors Corporation
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've had a ride in a Pacer once upon a time. While I don't consider it ugly, (It had curves at least) I don't think it won any awards for design. Plus I owned a Gremlin, and I did not think of it as ugly, a bit unattractive, but not butt ugly like the Aztek.
-------------------------

JEFF_HR, The Pacer looked like a egg with 4 wheels. ;)

Aurel Savin

Supporting Actor
Actually what Pontiac did get right is the new VIBE ... great looking little ride in and out. It's what the Aztek should have been ...

DaveGTP

Senior HTF Member
There is a local dealer here in Michigan that runs very interesting commercials. For a while he had really good deals on new Aztecs. His line was something like 'a reeeeeeally good deal on one OOOOgly car' Hilarious.

Ugliest cars on the road are probably the Aztec and the Element. But they are very functional, and the practical side of me likes that.

In Aztek's case it might take a while to mature though, but it's still not even close to being aesthetically displeasing as some of the 'hobbyist modified' vehicles on the road.
The Aztec, Element, and Focus are all better looking than the riceburner cars on the road. There's somebody that drives an car around with a spoiler that looks like someone glued a giant snow shovel upside down onto the trunk of the car (I'm from Michigan, I can recognize a snow shovel when I see one. They're not fooling me!!) It's so riced out I can't tell if it's an import or a domestic underneath all the flamboyant plastic trim and mammoth snowshovel spoiler.

That webpage with the 5 ugliest cars had me laughing my ass off here at work very very hard. Hilarious!

Chuck C

Senior HTF Member
Let's add another to the list...the Chevy Impala. What a disgrace to the name. Ugly inside and out, weak. Bring back the RWD Fleetwood/Impala of the mid 90's baby. The Monte Carlo is no beauty contestant either.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
To the point about "change". Yes, cars go through this "change" every decade or so, but the change should happen naturally, I can't stand the new marketing concepts to roll out as many oddly shapped cars so that people think they look "Futuraistic".

Most of these companies are bandwagon jumping. I mean, does Porsche REALLY need that SUV thing-a-ma-bob????

It's just like and industry now a days, where a soda company comes out with a blue soda and then every other company has to come out with their versions to compete :rolleyes

These damn (as someone put it) "Assault Vehicles" are out of control. You just know there is a meeting going on right now with a bunch of suits and the big fat guy (the head of the company) is saying something like "What NEW novelty car can we come out with to top the others"

Prentice Cotham

Supporting Actor
I think the Isuzu Vehicross, with it's catlike front w/ fangs and it's molded in wheel in the back, is just behind the Aztec in the ugly department.

Woo Jae

Screenwriter
I own a 2001 AZTEK, and it is truly an easy to drive, and very very roomy vehicle.

Don't appreciate the "hate" going on here for what IMHO is a pretty nice vehicle. :angry:

That said, the Gary Busey scale is awesome... :D

Chris Hovanic

Supporting Actor
ditto on all the replys thus far... except for the pacer. ;) ;) I just saw a pacer a few months ago with MR. T painted on the hood... priceless!

Most look like a bucket of puke molded into the shape of a car or truck.

No offence to anyone that owns one... you may think my Ranger looks like a pile of dog doooo and thats fine.... thats what America is all about.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
Hopefully everyone realizes the difference between ugly and versitaile.

I do realize that most of these new cars are allowing for more space without creating gigantic beasts. The interior space may be well appreciated, but it still doesn't mean that they look ugly.

Kinda like "She may be ugly, but she has a nice personality" :D Her personality won't hide the fact that she scares the hell out of me ;)

And
The Aztek from hell
Isn't that a Richard Lewis line? :D (hinting at last nights "Curb Your Enthusiasm")

and why do I keep thinking of the movie "Stripes" when I see the new Dodge Sprinter:

DaveGTP

Senior HTF Member
This is hilarious! I just found out that my friend traded in his Dodge Stealth and is now leasing...guess what...a Honda Element. I guess the practicality appealed to him??

David Preston

Supporting Actor
Chuck C where did you find that pic of the Vette? I saw that a while back on the site I hung out on before I found HTF. I forgot all about that one. Great pic.
Shawn C that Aztec is sweet. That had to be a concept vehicle. That back window still need some work though. Other than that nice Aztec.

Shane Martin

Senior HTF Member
Most of these companies are bandwagon jumping. I mean, does Porsche REALLY need that SUV thing-a-ma-bob????
Yes. Consider that alot of people who own a Porsche own an SUV. Why not make an SUV that they will buy? It's no chump off road either or on road. The only downfall is the cost and frankly if you are considering a Porsche you are not worrying too much about how much your ride costs :)

Dave Poehlman

Senior HTF Member
I just saw that Enzo picture a few posts back... I might have to get one of those and paint it to look like the Mach 5! That would be kick ass.

Actually, what I really wanted to do is get an old Explorer and have it done up like the ones in Jurassic Park.

Garrett Lundy

Senior HTF Member
And we can get into the PT Hearse...I mean PT Cruiser, but that's for another day
My brother is a funeral director and has told me that there is no way a PT Cruiser could be used to transport a full-sized casket. It could tranpsort a childs casket, a dog casket, or even a dead six pack, but it would need extensive Limosine-type body fabrication to be used as a hearse.

I agree. the Aztek is the ugliest car currently in production. A few RV's aren't far behind.

Ugliest motorcycle: Kawasaki Vulcan 750

Ugliest historical car (a tie): Oscar-Meyer wienermobile. or 1957 Studebaker Goldenhawk.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks