What's new

IMDb's Bottom 100! A Discussion (1 Viewer)

Matt Pelham

Screenwriter
3 Manos, the Hands of Fate (1966)
4 Troll 2 (1990)
19 Battlefield Earth: A Saga of the Year 3000 (2000)
32 Return of the Texas Chainsaw Massacre, The (1994)
41 Problem Child 2 (1991)
43 Master of Disguise, The (2002)
46 Mortal Kombat: Annihilation (1997)
48 Street Fighter (1994)
53 Barb Wire (1996)
57 RoboCop 3 (1993)
64 FearDotCom (2002)
71 Exorcist II: The Heretic (1977)
72 Friday the 13th: A New Beginning (1985)
77 Jury Duty (1995)
79 Mangler, The (1995)
81 Freddy Got Fingered (2001)
82 Super Mario Bros. (1993)
84 Halloween III: Season of the Witch (1982)
85 Friday the 13th Part VIII: Jason Takes Manhattan (1989)
86 McHale's Navy (1997)
92 Pet Sematary II (1992)
93 Stupids, The (1996)
95 Leprechaun (1993)
96 Batman & Robin (1997)
99 On Deadly Ground (1994)

That makes 25.

Halloween 3, the two Friday films, and Freddy Got Fingered do not belong on this list, the others are just fine with me.

60 posts and only one person has commented on Troll 2? That has got to be the worst movie I have ever seen (and it comes out on DVD Aug 26, mark your calenders!)

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I've only seen 4 from the list. :D

Don't blame me for see Leprechaun. It had Jennifer Aniston.....

MichaelPe

Screenwriter
An interesting observation is that most of the recent films on that list include a pop-star/rapper in the cast:

From Justin to Kelly, Gigli, Glitter, Cool as Ice, Rollerball, Spice World, Crossroads, Ticker, etc...
(and, why isn't "Swept Away" on that list?)

Al Stuart

Stunt Coordinator
I've seen 54 of them in their entirety. I agree with most of their inclusion. I do have 2 different Leonard Part 6 posters and an It's Pat poster on my ceiling, and they share space with Cop and 1/2, Cutthroat Island, Howard the Duck, and The Country Bears. It's the "Ceiling of Irony." I also own a signed LD of Leonard Part 6. See here: http://forums.dvdfile.com/interactiv...ight=leo+rossi

Well Look Who's Talking Too is much worse than the third one (not that the third one is good), using more musical montages than any movie I've ever seen, and yet still, it barely grazes the 80 minute mark with the endless credits. So that should be in there somewhere. And The Mangler is a very bad movie, but the DTV sequel is a helluva lot worse, despite having a topheavy bikini clad Evangelista sister for much of the first 1/2 of the movie.

Clearly, the first two are kneejerk reactions, however reasonable that reaction may seem.

The title of this list should be quoted from either of Ebert's reviews, for Freddy Got Fingered

This movie doesn't scrape the bottom of the barrel. This movie isn't the bottom of the barrel. This movie isn't below the bottom of the barrel. This movie doesn't deserve to be mentioned in the same sentence with barrels.

or Highlander 2

If there is a planet somewhere whose civilization is based on the worst movies of all time, "Highlander 2: The Quickening" deserves a sacred place among their most treasured artifacts.

Reagan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Reagan
Just caught this thread. Forgive me for being late.

1. Nine, not counting a few others that I started but never finished.

2. Most don't belong there at all. Many truly wretched movies made in the last 70 or 80 years or so are no longer remembered and have never been released on video, so they get no votes (a nod to Ryan FB here). Most were independent releases (note how almost every movie on the imdb list is a relatively modern release from a major studio).

To get a feel for this, have imdb pull all English language movies made in 1972 (for example) and read the titles. You will be shocked at just how few you have heard of, and how bizarre the titles are - not that either means they are bad, but it's not a good sign. Just think of some of the films you've caught bits of on MST3K (as Richard Kim noted).

3. Yes, I strongly believe that is true for Gigli. My theory is that if you took a sample of people and through post-hypnotic suggestion, made them forget who Ben Affleck and Jennifer Lopez are, and then showed the film to them, they would give it a below average rating, but none would say it was anything close to the worst movie they've ever seen.

-Reagan

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
1. I've seen 13 of the films on this list.

2. Of the films I've actually seen, they all belong on the list, IMO. That includes Halloween III and Grease 2. I thought both films were horrible.

Scott McGillivray

Supporting Actor
I have seen far too many on that list. *sigh* The wasted hours...but I guess I did have quite a few laughs. There are LOTS of movies worse than the ones listed there! Where is "Basketcase"? Where is "The Lift" or "Chopping Mall"?

So many bad movies...so little time.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks