What's new

IMDb's Bottom 100! A Discussion (1 Viewer)

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Reading here I keep seeing that I missed some in my original count.

I've seen 16 of those films.

Of those, I personally think:

Police Acadamy 4 (The last with Steve Gutenberg)
Robocop 3 (Far better that 2 IMO)
Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band (Probably alone here..)
Grease 2
Allan Quartermain and the Lost City Of Gold (Sure, it isn't great, but it isn't horrible either.

as for 1 & 2, they probably aren't that bad. (How could they rate lower than "Glitter"?)

Jason

Marvin Richardson

Supporting Actor
I've seen 27 of those: Battlefield Earth: A Saga of the Year 3000, Jaws: The Revenge, Bolero, Smokey and the Bandit III, Return of the Texas Chainsaw Massacre, The, Captain America, Tarzan, the Ape Man, Mortal Kombat: Annihilation, Street Fighter, Jaws 3-D, Stop! Or My Mom Will Shoot, Superman IV: The Quest for Peace, Best Defense, FearDotCom, Speed 2: Cruise Control, Grease 2, Highlander II: The Quickening, Exorcist II: The Heretic, Friday the 13th: A New Beginning, Mangler, The, Caddyshack II, Super Mario Bros., Halloween III: Season of the Witch, Friday the 13th Part VIII: Jason Takes Manhattan, Nothing But Trouble, Pet Sematary II and Batman & Robin.

Of those I'd say that Friday the 13th: A New Beginning, Halloween III: Season of the Witch and Friday the 13th Part VIII: Jason Takes Manhattan don't belong on that list. I actually like Halloween III: Season of the Witch; it just doesn't belong in the Halloween series. The two Friday the 13th aren't great, but they aren't that bad.

Ryan FB

Second Unit
I've seen about 30 of these (13,18,20,22,25,26,29,30,35,40,41,46,48,50,52,57,5 8,61,65,66,67,69,70,71,72,75,80,82,86,100).

Many of them certainly don't rank among the worst films I've ever had the displeasure to endure. I think a lot of newer voters simply don't have the experience with films that really are utter shit in order to be able to rate newer films in relation to them (and it's possible that on some of these films there's quite a few people casting votes who haven't even seen the movie). A more interesting (or accurate) IMDB bottom 100 list would probably be gotten if you took the lowest ranked movies as voted by the IMDB Top 1000 voters.

david stark

Second Unit
13 Police Academy: Mission to Moscow (1994)
26 Jaws: The Revenge (1987)
29 Police Academy 6: City Under Siege (1989)
30 Smokey and the Bandit III (1983)
33 Captain America (1991)
35 Police Academy 5: Assignment: Miami Beach (1988)
45 Spice World (1997)
53 Barb Wire (1996)
57 RoboCop 3 (1993)
58 Superman IV: The Quest for Peace (1987)
69 Police Academy 4: Citizens on Patrol (1987)
70 Highlander II: The Quickening (1991)
75 Avengers, The (1998)
82 Super Mario Bros. (1993)
95 Leprechaun (1993)
96 Batman & Robin (1997)
99 On Deadly Ground (1994)

aghhhhhhhhh I've seen 17 of them. When I first skimmed through them I thought I'd only seen a few of them (like 5 or 6). When I say seen I've watched all of them in thier entirity and some of them more than once.

I couldn't say that any of them were not bad films, but I think there are more deserving films to be in the bottom 100 though. Obviously the list is biased towards recent big flops than truly awful flicks. Out of the 17 I've seen above there must be worse, a couple that spring to mind are sewage baby and nyphoid barbarian in dinosaur hell.

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
3. Do you think the #1 and #2 spots are the result of knee-jerk reactionism?
Unquestionably. I guarantee that 99% of the jerks who voted for them never saw the flicks.

That doesn't mean that I think the movies in question aren't bad. Haven't seen Gigli, and I just watched the DVD of Justin the other day. It's weak, but not of epic proportions - it's too bland to merit the kind of rage that the worst movie ever rates.

The point is that people judged Justin and Gigli before they ever hit the screens. The final result didn't matter...

Brook K

Senior HTF Member
I've seen 6

Jason VIII maybe, its in the so bad its funny category. Even the mostly excreble New Beginning isn't close to as bad as Halloween 4-H20, none of which made this list.

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
14 Santa Claus Conquers the Martians (1964)
18 Kazaam (1996)
31 Teen Wolf Too (1987)
33 Captain America (1991)
73 Pokémon the First Movie: Mewtwo Strikes Back (1999)
76 Plan 9 from Outer Space (1959)
86 McHale's Navy (1997)
96 Batman & Robin (1997)

All of those deserve it except Pokemon. It wasn't exactly good, but there's no way it deserves to be lower than the Land Before Time sequels and Rock-a-Doodle.

The first two are definitely knee-jerk reactions. I suspect some of the others like Pokemon are as well.

Alex Prosak

Supporting Actor
I've seen twelve although none higher, or is that lower, than No. 38, Tarzan the Ape Man.

Since I haven't seen most on the list I can't say for sure whether they belong there but I'm not a masochist either and wouldn't want to sit through them to find out. The ones I've seen belong on the list.

Numbers 1 and 2 are probably knee jerk reactions. Although from the previews I've seen of Gigli on TV, it may belong at number 1.;)

TommyT

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Tom
1. I actually feel pretty good about having only seen 15!:

Leonard Pt 6, Battlefield Earth, Jaws Revenge, Bolero, Smokey 3, Captain Amer, Tarzan/Ape Man, Jaws 3, Barb Wire, Bats, RoboCop 3, Superman 4, Grease 2, Highlander 2, Batman/Robin.

2. I'd probably take Highlander 2 out because I can't help but watch it every time it's on SciFi. Oh yeah, in case anyone's wondering, the Renegade vers on disc is not an improvement. I'd also take Plan 9 out because its achieved a legendary status over the yrs.

3. 1 & 2 are definitely knee-jerks BUT I'd like to see 'em keep their current rankings as a testament that studios will churn out any crap they can to make a quick buck!

4. Yep! Would be a fun poll!

What I'd add: Armageddon, Mad Dog & Glory, just about any SNL spinoff (I'm not a fan of The Blues Bros but I wouldn't say it's this bad!), most of Adam Sandler's repertoire, Caligula.

Anyone else notice the interesting recurrence of sequels on this list?

Kevin Farley

Second Unit
I've seen

27 Cool as Ice (1991)
40 Ringmaster (1998)
46 Mortal Kombat: Annihilation (1997)
48 Street Fighter (1994)
53 Barb Wire (1996)
90 Endless Love (1981)
95 Leprechaun (1993)
97 Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band (1978)
100 Look Who's Talking Now (1993)

I actually liked Cool as Ice. Ridiculous? Yes. Fun? Yes.
"Lose the zero and get with the hero." :D I'm a cheeseball. Can I get a special edition? Amen!

Barb Wire was fun,
Ringmaster was fun,
Super Mario Bros was sort of fun,

Endless Love: two words: BROOKE SHIELDS!!!!!

Sgt Peppers: ok, I was 11. But I have the OST album, which was produced by George Martin, and it's kind of listenable. (brace for flaming!)

Movie that deserves #1 spot: Jetsons, the movie. DESTROYED by Tiffany. I was so looking forward to it being great.

And what about C.H.U.D.? :D I like that movie.

Nicholas Vargo

Second Unit
Real Name
Nicholas Vargo
1.I have seen 30 of these movies and most of those that I have seen are not that bad. Ones like "Troll 2", "The Stupids", and the worst piece of crap of them all "Mac and Me" are perfect examples of movies that should stay there (Example: I actually think that POLICE ACADEMY 4&5, CADDYSHACK 2, ARTHUR 2: ON THE ROCKS, LOOK WHO'S TALKING NOW, PROBLKM CHILD 2, SUPER MARIO BROS., and THE AVENGERS are not too bad.)

2.I think the ones in my example ar perfect examples of what shouldn't be there. I would replace those with PEARL HARBOR (absolutely cliched all the away and sucked because of it), ENOUGH (Jennifer Lopez needs to be called by her name, and not that stupid J. Lo, which makes her sound like a soft drink, besides, this movie sucked, and my mother likes it, God help her), SWEET NOVEMBER (The worst chick flick in history), MILLION DOLLAR MYSTERY (Never saw it, but because of who it features, should be down there anyway), and even though I think it's okay, ONCE UPON A CRIME (Because it is simply too slow and not really that funny).

3.Most likely. I'm hoping that I get the chance to see GIGLI at a free movie theater on a military base in Oceanside, California (if they even show it) because I'm willing to give it a chance, even if it is that bad. The problem is that most members of the IMDb are not true movie buffs. They just think that they are. Here at the HTF, we are true movie buffs and we know what is usually good and what is not (and sometimes, we like the crappy stuff, but that's okay. We all have a right to like what we want to like), but I would say that those two films were definately knee-jerked right in the ass.

4.Since I'm only 17, I would have to say NO WAY! I'm about to go into my senior year of high school and I don't think I could keep up with running a tournament on a daily basis. But it is a good prospect, and whoever makes the tournament board based on these movies in the future, all I can say is good luck and I hope it works.

Steve Felix

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Steve Felix
I've seen about 18, mostly when I was too young to be discerning.

It's clear that MST3K has an even bigger influence on this list than knee-jerk reactionism. There are hundreds of terrible B movies that are as deserving of placement as, say, Mitchell, but didn't get the Satellite of Love treatment.

Manos is by far the worst movie I've ever seen.

And that Mexican Santa movie, although it was hilarious, did manage to generate some genuine pathos with that little girl and the doll, I thought.

Richard_D_Ramirez

Second Unit
Hey, I liked Plan 9 from Outer Space! Ed Wood is da bomb!

Notice how many sequels are on that list? Tells you all about the $tudio$ that churn 'em out....

8^B

Ryan Wishton

Screenwriter
KevinKall,

I agree about Roberto Benigni’s remake of PINOCCHIO... I imagine it didnt make the list because no one saw it... :wink:

You are right though... Some 49 year old man running around in childs outfits as Pinocchio... It was like watching a late night of those scary fairytales shows they had on Showtime in the 80's... The movie also had a disturbing vibe to it. Some of the critics actually said that the movie would scare children and could be classified as twisted... I believe it received a 0% at Rotten Tomatoes I think... Truly horrible...

:thumbsdown:

Popeye is another dud from what i can remember!!!

Andy Sheets

Senior HTF Member
"That boy's got a face like an arse!"

I didn't think Popeye was all that bad. I don't love it but there are lots and lots of movies much worse.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks