What's new

IMDb's Bottom 100! A Discussion (1 Viewer)

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
Whew...

I dislike every one of these films that I have seen except for Pokémon the First Movie: Mewtwo Strikes Back which I delt was half decent for a kiddie flick.

I have seen 17 of them

Rob P S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
rob
I have seen three of these - Iron Eagle II, Speed 2, and Mac and Me. I like Speed 2; the others can stay. The Toy, Carpool, Home Alone 2, and Money Train should be on the list, though.

Simon_Lepine

Supporting Actor
1. How many of these have you seen?

Around 20 I think. Hey, I liked the Police Academies when I was younger.

2. Do any of these movies NOT belong in the Top 100?

Gotta agree with Halloween III, I've seen much worse.

3. Do you think the #1 and #2 spots are the result of knee-jerk reactionism?

Yup, of course.

Alex Spindler

Senior HTF Member
1. I've seen 66 of these, and that is only counting the ones I've seen start to finish. Help me.

2. Probably. I'm not overly negative on films unless I really don't like them, so I wouldn't normally have relegated some of these to bottom 100 status because they achieved what they wanted to. Plus, I don't see some of my more despised films, such as Wing Commander and Driven.

3. Absolutely. I fail to see how any of them could be below Gone Fishin'.

4. Sounds like a job for someone with a strong stomach.

Dome Vongvises

Senior HTF Member
What's even sadder than this list is the fact that there are instances where none of these films appear on people's personal worst list, but films like Citizen Kane and 2001: A Space Odyssey do.

Artur Meinild

Screenwriter
1. About 20 I think...

2. Avengers, Spice World, and Highlander 2 DC are movies that I find entertaining although they are not masterpieces...
It is also quite clear that such a list will never be reliable, since Leprechaun is on the list, but all of it's sequels are not!!! In fact, I think if all the crappy horror sequels that have been made had enough votes, the list would be consist of nothing but these.

John Spencer

Supporting Actor
1. I, with no remorse (well, ok, Druids makes Baby Jesus cry), have seen every last one of these at one time or another, since I am a complete movie junkie.

2. There are some movies on that list that definitely do not belong there. FearDotCom was not a great movie by any stretch of the imagination. But the visuals were stunning at times. The Stupids was definitely poo, but had a couple of extremely funny scenes that redeem it above worthless status. Halloween III was very good, it just suffered from not having Mike Myers in it. As Joe Bob Briggs stated in his summary of the film: "That's why I respect the Friday the 13th franchise. They made the same damn movie 8 times, and people still pay to see them!"
And you can't tell me to take a crap list seriously when it doesn't contain The Sweetest Thing.

3. So, yes, the majority of the list is knee-jerk reaction. You can't tell me the same group of voters put Freddy Got Fingered on the list, then kept Jackass off, when both are a direct result of the same tail wagging the dog organization.

4. No. :)

Mike Broadman

Senior HTF Member
I've only seen seven from the list, and even most of those I rented with friends knowing it would be bad, like Battlefield Earth and Universal Soldier: the Return.

*pats self on back*

I didn't even know there were more than 4 or 5 Police Academy movies.

streeter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
Do I smell another HTF Challenge??

1. 36 seen.
2. There are plenty that don't belong in this list. Police Academy IV (We still had Mahoney here), Mannequin 2, Superman IV, Grease 2, Plan 9 From Outer Space and Freddie Got Fingered.
3. Definitely.
4. Please do.

GregH

Agent
At least 26
14,17,22,23,25,26,31,35,44,52,58,67,69,70,75,76,78 ,80,82,88,91,93,95,96,99,100

I enjoyed several especially Hercules in New York

The Stupids is the only movie I've ever asked if we could leave (we couldn't (and yes that means I saw it at the theater)).

Scott Ware

Stunt Coordinator
1. I've seen 11 of 'em.

2. Exorcist II, Halloween III, Mortal Kombat: Annihilation, Pet Semetary II, and Batman and Robin aren't as bad as some make them out to be. Plan 9, while horrible film making, IS entertaining, which is more than I can say for about 3/4 of the list. Therefore, I feel that Plan 9 doesn't belong on it either.

3. Of course. While I'm sure that those two movies are indeed quite bad (I haven't seem them), I doubt they're worse than Manos. Also, the actors in both films are very much in the public eye, so their films are going to get a lot more negative attention than some of the other films on the list. 10 years from now, I doubt anyone will care about Kelly Clarkson or Jennifer and Ben's relationship.

4. Sure.

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
I forgot to add...I would include De Palma's Misson to Mars on that list. It is still the only film I have ever walked out of the theater angry about.

JoeMKal

Stunt Coordinator

Plan 9 from Outer Space and Leprechaun for me fall into the category "so bad they're good" which I am a big fan of

most definitely, it's kind of like the opposite of when LOTR was #1

I would have included Stuart Saves His Family

DavidBL

Stunt Coordinator
I have only seen Caddyshack II, Mr. Magoo, and Nothing But Trouble.

I had been warned about Caddyshack, and agree its spot on the list is deserving.

Nothing But Trouble was a blind rental, and after about 10 minutes my wife and I kept looking at each other saying "Why are we watching this?" But we watched the whole thing, like a train wreck we couldn't look away despite the horror of it all. I'm surprised it's only at #88.

Mr. Magoo was certainly pretty dumb but I didn't feel robbed of 90 minutes of my life like I did after the other two.

Brent Hutto

Supporting Actor
I've seen about half of #25 2001: A Space Travesty. Watched the first 15 minutes straight through. Spent another five minutes fast-forwarding through most of the remainder. Returned it to Blockbuster with all due haste.

Other than that, zero. Must be something wrong with that list since I've seen a lot of really bad movies...

Ben Osborne

Second Unit
These are the one's I've seen:

Lawnmower Man 2: Beyond Cyberspace - Horrible. Incoherent plot. Main character is a poor man's Jim Carrey.

Highlander II: The Quickening - A complete mess.

Weekend at Bernie's II - In high school a friend and I would take turns choosing the movie that we'd go see. It was his week and he chose Weekend at Bernie's II. He loved the first one, and even he thought this one sucked.

Batman & Robin - I hated Batman Forever and I knew this one would be bad, but it was playing at the discount theatre and I wanted to know just how bad it was going to be. It was worse than I imagined. In the opening scene when Batman falls out of a helicopter and is falling to his death, there is ZERO sense of danger. I knew right there that this movie was going to sink to depths that even its predecessor didn't reach. I believe Batman got out of that predicament by surfing down the side of a skyscraper or something. :rolleyes:

On Deadly Ground - When a Seagal movie has more talking than fighting, you know you're in trouble. And anyone who sits through it is rewarded with a preachy environmentalist stump speech at the end. I lost a lot of respect for Michael Caine after seeing him in this pile of garbage.

Richard Kim

Senior HTF Member
Hmm, last time I checked the IMDb's Bottom 100 list, it was full of films featured in Mystery Science Theater 3000. Now it's full of mainstream bombs like From Justin to Kelly and Gigli. Manos: The Hands of Fate is one of the few MST3K films left on the list. Interesting.

Kristian

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Kristian
1. 13, if I counted right.

2. Pokemon The First Movie. It's a reasonably entertaining movie, in my opinion. And if you had asked this question a decade ago, I would've probably defended the Police Academy movies, too (except for Mission to Moscow, which I never enjoyed).

3. Yeah. I doubt some of the people who voted even saw these two films, considering the box office results of both.

4. A tournament would be nice.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks