What's new

IMAX Showing of Matrix Revolutions (1 Viewer)

ChrisA

Second Unit
I was wondering if anybody has seen the IMAX showing of Matrix Revolutions? This is playing at King of Prussia IMAX in Philadelphia, which is a new IMAX theater. Do I assume correctly that the IMAX version would be more intense? I've never seen a theatrical release in IMAX and look forward to seeing it on Friday...

I wonder how the picture and sound compares? Do they mix a special soundtrax to maximise the IMAX experience or is the audio kinda 'rigged' just to work...

Chris

Well, if the Matrix Revolutions IMAX print was made specifically for the IMAX, than get ready to be blow away!:D

Most films that are presented on the IMAX are just regular prints that are blown up in size to fit the screen. However, their have been a few that have been made specifically for the IMAX. If the Revolutions IMAX print is an actual IMAX film, then the sound and video quality will be great. If not, the sound and video quality will still be good, although not quite as good as the IMAX.;)

david stark

Second Unit
From what I have heard it is a proper IMAX presentation. It may be the first live action film simoultaneously released on normal and IMAX on the same day.

I may well go and see it on IMAX tonight, if I do I'll let you know how it was.

ChrisA

Second Unit
Excellent! I always fantasized about watching a movie like this on IMAX, let alone DAY AND DATE!!! I hope this is the way of the future because commercial theaters have NOTHING to offer over home theater, in fact, the audio is worse and the lack of tactile feedback is dissapointing.

I've heard some IMAX theaters installed tactile feedback... not sure about Philadelphia IMAX though...

I am stuck on call tonight, or I'd be headed there now....

So Friday it is! Let me know how you like it... I'll be sure to comment after Friday as well...

I did not even see the trailer/preview of Revolutions. I refused to watch it on T.V. or the DVD of Reloaded... I like everything to be as fresh as possible. I haven't seen the preview/trailer of X-Men 2 or Terminator 3 and deinielty like FULL surprise!

Eric F

Screenwriter
I'm going tommorow to my local IMAX here in the Boston suburbs. Since it only costs $2 more than the theater accross the street, I don't know why anyone would go to the multiplex.

AFAIK this is a specific IMAX version and isn't cropped. Looking forward to it.

david stark

Second Unit
Eric, it may be wise to book in advance if it is a popular cinema. I just tried booking in advance to see it in IMAX 2 hours before show time in Toronto and it is sold out.

ChrisA

Second Unit
I heard Return of the King will be in IMAX... Wow is this really happening? I never go to comercial theaters, but IMAX is a huge incentive... Give me 3-D motion and tactile feedback, and perhaps a full body suit with a genitalia attachment and I'm set! If we get the latter, then I want to watch Original Sin unrated... sorry, back to topic.

Chris Dias

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Chris
David, What Theatre did you try to book at and for what showing. I'm planning to go to the 7 pm show at the colossus tomorrow but I haven't booked yet. Now you've got me worried.

David Fisher

Stunt Coordinator
I saw Reloaded at the Imax in San Antonio, and was just amazed by the detail. Every seat in the theater was perfect, no trailers or commercials, amazing sound system.

Can't wait to see Revolutions on this big screen. I haven't heard anything about ROTK hitting IMAX screens, though. I think that a LOTR newsletter mentioned that the first two movies are going to play at some IMAX theater in England, but they are just regular prints of the films.

I've heard that the Matrix has done very well on IMAX and the company wants more studios to invest the extra $3-$4 million on the extra large print. LOTR trilogy would be a great fit for sure. Maybe The Day After Tomorrow?

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
To be clear, Revolutions was NOT filmed in IMAX, so this is a print tweaked to play on IMAX screens similar to AOTC, Apollo 13, but 2.35 letterboxed within the 1.44 IMAX frame.

I'll be seeing it on IMAX screens soon myself.:)

Real Name
Anthony
Anyone know when and if this is coming to London ?

I'd have liked to have seen RELOADED in IMAX but I couldn't face sitting through it again. ;)

Eric F

Screenwriter
Tino, I think most of us know major theatrical films aren't filmed in IMAX. This probably won't ever happen, but there is a special process the films go through before they're shown. If you'll look at IMDB, you'll see there is a seperate title for "Revolutions: The IMAX Experience".

Occasionally the showings (like ATOC) are cropped, but more recently the showings are not. Reloaded and Revolutions are OAR.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
I know Eric. That's why I said they are tweaked. Some posters above seemed unsure whether it was filmed in IMAX, which it wasn't. And, as I noted, I know it is being shown OAR.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I'll be seeing it on the weekend. It's being played every 3 hours (5 showings/day) at the nearest IMAX theater around me. Can't wait!

Scott Dautel

Second Unit
I heard about this on Tuesday ... from a BestBuy blueshirt, no less. Actually this guy was quite impressive & a true movie fan. We had a great convo about FP for 30 min.

Anyway ... I'm going to try to hit the King of Prussia IMAX this weekend. Can someone please post a link where I can pre-purchase tickets.

thanks ... Scott

Matthew Chmiel

Senior HTF Member
It doesn't open in IMAX here till the end of November. :frowning:

I can't wait through as the IMAX version of Reloaded was beautiful.

Jeff Cooper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Cooper
I'm going to see it tonight at 7:00pm in the IMAX theater. I bought my tickets a few weeks ago. I can't wait. I saw Reloaded in the same IMAX theater, and it completely blew away the regular 35mm print. The detail was amazing, you saw every pimple and imperfection on the actors skin in crystal clarity. Sometimes that's not a good thing! All the black moles on the oracles neck really stood out! Anyway the sound was also absolutely amazing!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks