Imax 3d!

Discussion in 'Movies' started by StevenFC, Nov 3, 2005.

1. StevenFC

StevenFC Second Unit

Just saw my first real 3d movie--"Magnificent Desolation: Walking on the Moon 3D". WOW! Unfreaking real! Do yourself a favor, if you've never seen an IMAX 3d movie and you have the chance to see one, go and see. It's hard to describe, it's just incredible.

While the technology is not perfect, it's pretty damn close. Aside from a few images that where little difficult to focus on, it was spot on.

Up next is "Aliens of the Deep" and then maybe "The Polar Express". Although I'm not sure I'd want to see a feature length film in 3d. It does give your eyes a workout [​IMG]

2. Steve Phillips

Steve Phillips Screenwriter

It shouldn't hurt your eyes at all if the film is photographed and projected properly.

I saw 35 feature length 3-D movies from the 1950's in 10 days at the World 3-D Film Expo and eyestrain wasn't an issue at all.

I can't say the same for some of the IMAX movies I've seen. Some are flawless, and others are intolerable. POLAR EXPRESS was incredible though. ALIENS OF THE DEEP is mostly well done but there are some eye stretcher shots in there. It was however, far superior from a photograpic standpont than Cameron's earlier GHOSTS OF THE ABYSS. MAGNIFICENT DESOLATION is indeed one of the better ones.

Check out CHICKEN LITTLE; it's not that long.