Image "stuttering" or freezing on HDNet live baseball last night

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Sean Patrick, Jul 3, 2002.

1. Sean Patrick

Sean Patrick Supporting Actor

i noticed when watching the Dodgers/D'Backs game live on HDnet last night, there seemed to be some persistent stuttering, especially during a pitch and swing by the hitter (from the behind-the-pitcher camera). Is this normal for live HD? What was causing this? I have a DTC100. it was like a very small and quick freeze that would pick back up after .5 seconds. the audio never dropped out and the signal strength was strong. this doesn't happen on any other HDnet programming. Anyone else seeing this?

the picture quality was phenomenal.

2. Sean Patrick

also, this is the first live HD signal my DTC100 has ever had to process...could this be a factor?

3. Lee Bombard

Lee Bombard Stunt Coordinator

Lee
    Sean -

I watched most of the game last night and didn't notice anything out of the ordinary...however someone else watching the game with me commented on an occasional flicker. I told them they were crazy, but maybe they weren't. hmmmmm....

Regards,
    Lee

4. Sean Patrick

my signal is in the high 80's.

lee - funny thing, because that's the same thing that happened to me. i didn't notice anything but my friend noticed that on a lot of pitches, there was a slight freeze. not a normal dropout and no pixelizing.

i watched hdnet all day yesterday and it never happened - seems isolated to the baseball game but i'm curious why only some are seeing it.