What's new

Image stops in HTPC (1 Viewer)

Pablo Maloberti

Auditioning
When I watch a DVD movie in my PC the image stops ( little pauses less than a sec.) every once in a while. But the thing is that it's happening every time more often.

The first movies I watch where all right, but the last it happened more and more.I watch Planet of the Apes yesterday and it was impossible! I had a pause every minute!

I have a 16x Pioneer DVD in my PC with a Geforce 2 Pro, using Power DVD soft.

Any help?

Hugh M

Second Unit
its a good idea to try and watch a dvd with the minimal amount of windows opened, and minimal amount of processes runnning in the background, not connected to the internet, etc.

what OS are you using?

have you tried setting your refresh rate at 60Hz, and does resolution make any difference?

also how are you handling the audio, trying to decode? or passing out to a receiver? sound can make a difference on the picture sometimes.

try hitting ctrl-alt-del when you are watching a dvd, and see how many programs you have running....in ME I use to get it down to just the display driver app, and volume control, explorer, system programs, but not really any other "user" apps. In WinXP, there is the same but you can see there is about 16 processes listed in the processes tab.

download power dvd 4.0 and see if that helps.

also tell us your CPU usage during playback, if you can.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks