What's new

Image shifting/reducing question (1 Viewer)

Brett Hellard

Auditioning
I've been out of the projection industry for a few years so excuse me if this is a simplistic question.

I am creating a rear projection video conferencing system where I am blowing the sides of a 16:9 image off screen. No problem there, but I want to be able to use the system for watching a dvd on a separate projector input but having the image shrunk down to fit the screen (creating letterbox on top and bottom).

The NEC projectors I used to use had the cornerstone function, but I'm not using an NEC projector and the one I'm using doesn't have this feature.

Is there a product that goes between the dvd player and the projector where I can scale the image down to fit my screen? Projector will be in a fixed location with a short throw lens and not adjustable.

Thanks for anyone who understands what I'm talking about and can help!

Leo Kerr

Screenwriter
your least-expensive route might be to use a PC as a playback device. External scalers to do that would probably be a couple thousand bucks..

Leo

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks