1. Visit this thread for your chance to win a selection of Lionsgate action films on UV!
    Dismiss Notice

Image problem on my Sharp z9k. Need help!

Discussion in 'Displays' started by DrewHM, Aug 29, 2005.

1. DrewHM

DrewHM Auditioning

I have a Sharp 9000 and I recently got it up and running after moving into our new house. I am using the Comcast HDDVR box for TV.

After watching TV for awhile, exactly half the screen becomes unwatchable as green blotches permeate the image. Seems to occur where light changes (ie smoke). These green blotches seem to outline the image. They are all over the screen though and it is unwatchable. It's weird b/c it's exactly half the screen. The other half is totally perfect. I am trying to get his ready for football season, and now I'm worried.

I've tried switching inputs, and same thing on all inputs. So I'm convinced it's the projector. It doesn't happen right away, but will appear after awhile. I can turn the projector off, and turn it right back on and it does go away, but eventually returns.

Any ideas? I did just replace the bulb, so maybe I should check that? I really hope she's not dead!!!

Any help would be great. I'm having a hard time finding any information on this problem.

Thanks,
    Drew

2. John S

John S Producer

I'd call out a tech on this one....