What's new

Image Press Release: The Phantom of the Opera (Lon Chaney) (Blu-ray) (1 Viewer)

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
Can anyone help with the following?

Which score on which version of the film was the one incorrectly pressed in mono?
Is there a way to visually identify either the first disc or the corrected one?

Many thanks!

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
I'm not sure which version, but I have both the corrected disc and the screwed up disc at home (they never asked for it back). If no one beats me too it I'll have a look at each and let you know.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Comparing the two, there's no way to tell that I can see. They both have the same UPC codes and ID number on the disc. I'm not sure what else to look for.

Charles Smith

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
Interesting. Thanks for checking!

The reason I asked is that I, too, have two copies, and I can't detect a difference between them. My suspicion is that I actually have two of the "corrected" ones, since I'd read comments on Amazon or elsewhere about Image making an improvement to the menu labeling, and I believe I have that improvement. (Earliest copies had the user selecting the score, while failing to identify the version of the film. These are clearly labeled for both, even if that's still a bit awkwardly executed.)

One of the orchestral soundtracks sounds like mono (on headphones), and the other is stereo, though not widely separated or exaggerated stereo. I don't want to keep going back to the well on this, since Image has already been exceedingly generous in providing replacements without asking for the disc to be returned.

ajabrams

Second Unit
Real Name
Alan Abrams
Anyone know if it's likely that if this disc is ordered now from Amazon that it will be the "corrected" version. I've been holding off...

Charles Smith

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
If I'm right in thinking I already had the corrected version when I asked for the replacement from Image, then yes, Amazon has been shipping them for at least a couple of months.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks