Image off center - Any thoughts???

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Mitch_B, Mar 18, 2002.

1. Mitch_B

Mitch_B Extra

Before I describe my problem let me state that I am not sure if this is in the correct forum to post this in.

Okay, I have a SONY WEGA KV-32FS13 (2 months old), a Phillips DSR6000 DirecTiVo and a SONY STR-DE875 A/V receiver (each over 6 months old). The receiver accepts s-video from the Phillips and outputs s-video to the TV. The DVD player is component out to the TV.

When watching any and all programming from the dish I have noticed that the image is at least an inch to an inch and a half off to the left. Things (graphics) are not centered, the corner graphics for Monday Night Football are way off to the left, etc. This happened while I had my old TV as well. The DVD signal has no such problem so I am wondering if it might be my Phillips TiVo and/or my SONY receiver.

If anyone has any thoughts, ideas, opinions, then please feel free to reply. Thanks!

2. Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs Executive Producer

Are you certain that this is not a problem on other sources? Because, offhand, it seems as if your WEGA may be overscanning to the left of the image.

3. Mitch_B

Mitch_B Extra

Jack,

I am certain that it is not the TV since when I access the service mode menu and adjust the HPOS (to the right) to get the image centered it works for the dish programming (Video 1 input), but when I watch a DVD (Video 4 input) the image is then too far to the right.

It did this with my old SONY Trinitron as well and this is why I think it may be a problem with the PVR or the Receiver.

Is there a way to adjust the HPOS for all video inputs separately?