1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Image is too big for my screen.

Discussion in 'Beginners, General Questions' started by Lekes, Feb 2, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Lekes

Lekes Auditioning

Leon
    Newbie here. I thought I had done all the research and planned my home theater. Everything works except for one problem...the image is too big for the screen. I have an Epson Home Cinema 1060 and a 100" diagonal screen (16:9). Throw distance is about 10 feet. Everything I could find said that would work. But when I adjust the image size with the zoom, the best I can do is an image that is about 4" beyond the screen all around. My options would be: 1) Buy a bigger screen, 2) Move projector forward about 10-12" from what I can estimate. The first option is somewhat expensive. The second option mean more holes in my ceiling. Is there a 3rd option?....can I get a replacement lens for my projector or an adaptor to bring the image in to fit the screen? Any assistance is appreciated. THANK YOU in advance.
    Leon

2. xx Brian xx

xx Brian xx Stunt Coordinator

Brian
    Don't know who told you 10' would work but that is too far back. Throw distance should be between 7'5" and 8'11" for 100" 16/9 screen with your Epson.
    Unfortunately, as you already stated, there's only two options - Move projector forward and patch the holes or buy a bigger screen.

Brian

3. John Dirk

John Dirk Cinematographer
    Supporter

JOHN
  4. Lekes

Lekes Auditioning

Leon
    Thank you for the input. I moved the projector closer and now it's perfect. An still nobody should hit the projector with their head unless they are standing on the recliner. :) Thanks again.