Image Files in Adobe Premiere

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by paul o'donnell, Apr 10, 2002.

1. paul o'donnell

paul o'donnell Second Unit

I've never posted in this forum before, but I did a search and couldn't find anything like this. Sorry, this will most likely sound quite like jibberish.
    ------
    My question is about using large resolution images in Adobe Premiere 6 (eg: 1600x1200).
    Everyone knows the "zoom" function that is a sub-otion of the "motion" function that you can use on clips?
    I want to try and zoom in on the hi-res image like any other source, but when I do the resolution decreases rapidly, like its only the resolution of the format I'm using (eg: 640x480)
    Is there any way to zoom in on the image and have it keep its native resolution and therefore remain clear in Premiere when zoomed in on?
    Again, sorry for the intense broken english there. This problem is quite annoying me today [​IMG]

2. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

Because your project settings are only 640x480, it's downsampling the image when you zoom. After FX is much better for that kind of work

3. paul o'donnell

paul o'donnell Second Unit

Thanks Jeff,
    I just worked out a way to do it in Premiere before I came back to check this thread [​IMG]
    So this thread may now R.I.P [​IMG]
    Ooh, 1000 posts