Image Entertainment Advanced Search

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Lance Nichols, Dec 9, 2002.

1. Lance Nichols

Lance Nichols Supporting Actor

Ok, I have been using image for updates and searches on upcoming titles for some time (to enter into DVD Profiler, etc). However, for about the last month, I have not been getting much back (if any) in the line of search results. I know titles have been announced, but they are not appearing in the results. This has been replicated on at least two separate systems.

So, does anyone know what the deal is? IF this is going to be the "quality" of the data base from here on, where does everyone else go to get dvd releases?

Used to be at one time laser's edge released a weekly listing, but even though I am subscribed, it seems that is no longer done either. Basically I am looking for a site that offers all the stats for titles, such as specs, UPC, contents, etc.

Admins, if this belongs in the feedback area, I understand. Issue is part feedback, part software resource help cry....

2. Jeff Ulmer

Jeff Ulmer Producer

Image seems to be scaling back on data entry, or at least early entry.

Aside from that I would never trust it for being reliable, as they generally use the preliminary release info they are sent, which is often erroneous, and I haven't yet seen them update the records when things change.

As for another source that is easy to use, I haven't seen one yet.

3. Lance Nichols

Yes, I agree that they are lacking in the accuracy department, but they seem(ed) to be a good source for UPCs, and basics. Then you could get better data as it came along.

Sigh. Maybe what I need to do is get server going, or maybe a mailing list. Now how would I go about getting the data from the studios?

EDIT: I am apparently lacking in the spelling department. bad fingers, bad!

4. Jeff Ulmer

Jeff Ulmer Producer

5. Randy A Salas

Randy A Salas Screenwriter

6. Daniel L

Daniel L Stunt Coordinator

Image is pretty much getting out of the distribution business as of Decemeber 31st. Outside of 20 smaler labels such as Elite, Synapse, Acron Media and of course, Playboy; they will no longer be selling non-exclusive titles.

Daniel L

7. CharlesD

CharlesD Screenwriter

It looks like Image are now only entering their own titles into the database.

8. Lance Nichols

Well, it seems that the listing of all titles by all distributors have gone the way of the dinosaurs then.

Damn, damn, damn.

Price search has some of the details, but not stuff like UPCs. I may have to star multi-soursing this data. What I used to do before....

9. Randy A Salas

Randy A Salas Screenwriter

10. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

It's not just a matter of waiting for after the first of the year. Stuart Little 2 was previously listed in the Image database. Now you can't find ANY Stuart Little listing in their system; they've all been removed!

This is sad...I've depended on it so much, and tried to "reward" Image by highlighting their own releases (even First Nudie Musical!), and pointing people to their sister company, DVDPlanet. Sigh. Oh, well.

11. Lance Nichols

I used to use DVD Empire as well, but they seem to be getting slow in getting details out as well.

Sigh

12. gregstaten

gregstaten Supporting Actor

What's truly sad about this is that a lot of smaller releases are even more likely to be lost in the shuffle. Though Image's site was never perfect, it did have a lot of listings that were difficult to find elsewhere. Too bad the announcment lists from companies like Ingram aren't publically available.

-greg