What's new

Image Entertainment Advanced Search (1 Viewer)

Lance Nichols

Supporting Actor
Ok, I have been using image for updates and searches on upcoming titles for some time (to enter into DVD Profiler, etc). However, for about the last month, I have not been getting much back (if any) in the line of search results. I know titles have been announced, but they are not appearing in the results. This has been replicated on at least two separate systems.

So, does anyone know what the deal is? IF this is going to be the "quality" of the data base from here on, where does everyone else go to get dvd releases?

Used to be at one time laser's edge released a weekly listing, but even though I am subscribed, it seems that is no longer done either. Basically I am looking for a site that offers all the stats for titles, such as specs, UPC, contents, etc.

Admins, if this belongs in the feedback area, I understand. Issue is part feedback, part software resource help cry....

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Image seems to be scaling back on data entry, or at least early entry.

Aside from that I would never trust it for being reliable, as they generally use the preliminary release info they are sent, which is often erroneous, and I haven't yet seen them update the records when things change.

As for another source that is easy to use, I haven't seen one yet.

Lance Nichols

Supporting Actor
Yes, I agree that they are lacking in the accuracy department, but they seem(ed) to be a good source for UPCs, and basics. Then you could get better data as it came along.

Sigh. Maybe what I need to do is get server going, or maybe a mailing list. Now how would I go about getting the data from the studios?

EDIT: I am apparently lacking in the spelling department. bad fingers, bad!

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Now how would I go about getting the data from the studios?
Well, assuming you could get on their mailing lists, they would send you press releases. You'd then have to key it into the database. This is a lot of work, and some studios (not usually the majors) are notorious for not releasing any info in a timely manner, and there are a LOT of studios and distribution companies these days.

I think Image is still the place to get info, since they seem to still be the source for most of the major etaillers, since their incorrect data usually matches.

Daniel L

Stunt Coordinator
Image is pretty much getting out of the distribution business as of Decemeber 31st. Outside of 20 smaler labels such as Elite, Synapse, Acron Media and of course, Playboy; they will no longer be selling non-exclusive titles.

Daniel L

Lance Nichols

Supporting Actor
Well, it seems that the listing of all titles by all distributors have gone the way of the dinosaurs then.

Damn, damn, damn.

Price search has some of the details, but not stuff like UPCs. I may have to star multi-soursing this data. What I used to do before....

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
It's not just a matter of waiting for after the first of the year. Stuart Little 2 was previously listed in the Image database. Now you can't find ANY Stuart Little listing in their system; they've all been removed!

This is sad...I've depended on it so much, and tried to "reward" Image by highlighting their own releases (even First Nudie Musical!), and pointing people to their sister company, DVDPlanet. Sigh. Oh, well.

gregstaten

Supporting Actor
What's truly sad about this is that a lot of smaller releases are even more likely to be lost in the shuffle. Though Image's site was never perfect, it did have a lot of listings that were difficult to find elsewhere. Too bad the announcment lists from companies like Ingram aren't publically available.

-greg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks