What's new

image distortion (1 Viewer)

MichaelStephens

Auditioning
I have a Sony DVP-NS775V DVD player connected to a Sharp 27U-S600 Television. Occasionally I get an odd yellow hue in the upper right corner of my tv. If I change the input to the antenna, for cable television, the yellow hue is gone. This yellowing appears whether the signal is traveling through and RCA, S-Video, or Component video directly connected to the TV.

At first I thought that I possibly had my Sony receiver too close to the TV and it was causing distortion much the same way a magnet too close to a TV does. But regardless of how close the receiver is or even if it is on or not, the yellow hue seemed to just randomly appear.

I have an Adobe Total Training DVD that in only one specific chapter causes the yellowing but also the image at the top right of the screen also physically distorts. The image on the entire right of the screen is vertically straight but within the last inch of the screen the image veers inward. I've tested this DVD on my computer and everything appears correct.

While this only happens occasionally, it's getting annoying not being able to track down the source of the problem.

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Michael, your description of all this is nicely complete and the problem, frankly, stumps me. By process of elimination you seem to have isolated the problem to the Sony player -- and that surprises me. The 755 is a good little unit. Have you another DVD player you can install as a test?

MichaelStephens

Auditioning
I've discovered that I have two separate issues at work against me.

The first issue is the yellowing. What I've discovered is that the shielded center channel speaker is not as shielded as it was claimed to be. So moving the center above my entertainment center and on top of a small box to give it even more distance, the yellowing is not as apparent anymore. There is still a slight discoloration, but I believe that is due to the amount of time that the speaker has been affecting the TV.

The second issue is the physical distortion. I connected my notebook computer through the s-video connection and noticed that the image on screen was doing the exact same distortion that the DVD was. What I noticed is that the image is not really being distorted that much, but the geometry of the TV needs to be adjusted. I’ve known for a while that the image is pushed too far out of the viewing area to the right, and slightly more to the left, but can also see that the pincushion is appears to bulge outward as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks