Image Distortion Question - First Post

Discussion in 'Displays' started by JoeU, Dec 11, 2003.

1. JoeU

JoeU Extra

Greetings all. This is my first post here. I have a question about something I noticed the other day. I have a Toshiba 24" Flat Tube that I use in my bedroom as my secondary TV. I was watching a movie in 2.35:1 aspect ratio the other day when I noticed that the bottom black bar did not look as if was going straight across the screen. I went over and measured it and sure enough the bottom of the right side of the movie image was lower than the bottom of the left side. Upon closer inspection I could tell that at about midway across the screen the image started to gradually slope down so that there's a definite difference, not much but enough to bug me. I can especially see it now when I watch something like CNN or MSNBC that has a newsticker at the very bottom of the screen. I recently moved and never noticed it until after I set the TV up in the new house. Anyone know what could cause this kind of distorting?

2. Michael TLV

Michael TLV THX Video Instructor/Calibrator

Michael Chen
    Magnetic fields sometimes affect the sets.

Move to another part of the room or turn the TV to face a different direction.

Look for a tilt parameter but for a set this small ... unlikely there.

Regards

3. JoeU

JoeU Extra

I guess I'm showing my ignorance here (I am fairly new to the HT scene), but what's a tilt parameter?

As far as the magnetic field, that could be it. I've got a small center channel speaker in the TV stand compartment directly below the set itself which I didn't have there before. I'll try moving that and see what it does. Thanks.