What's new

Image Distortion Question - First Post (1 Viewer)

JoeU

Grip
Greetings all. This is my first post here. I have a question about something I noticed the other day. I have a Toshiba 24" Flat Tube that I use in my bedroom as my secondary TV. I was watching a movie in 2.35:1 aspect ratio the other day when I noticed that the bottom black bar did not look as if was going straight across the screen. I went over and measured it and sure enough the bottom of the right side of the movie image was lower than the bottom of the left side. Upon closer inspection I could tell that at about midway across the screen the image started to gradually slope down so that there's a definite difference, not much but enough to bug me. I can especially see it now when I watch something like CNN or MSNBC that has a newsticker at the very bottom of the screen. I recently moved and never noticed it until after I set the TV up in the new house. Anyone know what could cause this kind of distorting?

Michael TLV

THX Video Instructor/Calibrator
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Chen
Magnetic fields sometimes affect the sets.

Move to another part of the room or turn the TV to face a different direction.

Look for a tilt parameter but for a set this small ... unlikely there.

Regards

JoeU

Grip
I guess I'm showing my ignorance here (I am fairly new to the HT scene), but what's a tilt parameter?

As far as the magnetic field, that could be it. I've got a small center channel speaker in the TV stand compartment directly below the set itself which I didn't have there before. I'll try moving that and see what it does. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks