Image announces uncut "The Prowler" 80's horror classic

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by MattHR, Jul 5, 2002.

1. MattHR

MattHR Screenwriter

Mar 9, 2001
    Year: 1981
    Length: 89 minutes
    Rating: Unrated
    MSRP: $ 24.99 Status: Active
    Release Date: 9/3/2002
    Pre-Order Date: 8/6/2002
    Studio: Image
    Catalog Number: BU1927DVD
    UPC: 014381192728
    Additional graphics
    Main Genre: Horror
    Sub Genre:
    Actors/Artists: Christopher Goutman, Cindy Weintraub, Farley Granger, Lawrence Tierney, Lisa Dunsheath, Vicky Dawson
    Director: Joseph Zito
    Synopsis: If you think you're safe, you're dead wrong! On the night of her graduation dance in 1945, young Rosemary and her date are brutally murdered by a prowler thought to be a jilted soldier home from the war. The killer was never found. Thirty years later, the dance is held again for the first time since that horrific evening--but something else may have also returned. Tonight, the teens of this sleepy town will meet their grisly ends at the hands--and pitchfork, blade and more--of The Prowler! Also known as "Rosemary's Killer," this gruesome shocker is one of the most brutal body count movies of the '80s, thanks to razor sharp direction by Joseph Zito (Friday the 13th: The Final Chapter) and graphic gore effects by Tom Savini (Dawn of the Dead, Maniac). Hollywood legends Farley Granger (Strangers on a Train) and Lawrence Tierney (Reservoir Dogs) star in this shocker from the golden age of slasher films--now presented completely uncut and uncensored!
    Product Features:
    Audio Format: Mono
    Screen Format: 1.85:1
    16x9: Yes
    Color: Color
    Region Code: Unknown
    Original Languages: English
    English Dubbed: No
    Other Languages: None
    Subtitles: None
    Special Features:
    Audio Commentary with Producer/Director Joseph Zito and Special Make-Up Effects Artist Tom Savini; Tom Savini's Behind-the-Scenes Gore Footage; Trailer; Poster and Still Gallery
  2. Will K

Will K Screenwriter

Feb 6, 2001
    Sweet. Thank God we're not stuck with a butchered, MPAA-approved version.
    Here's the cover:
  3. Anthony Thorne

Anthony Thorne Supporting Actor

Oct 10, 2000
    Note that the cover reveals the actual sub-distributor for this title - Blue Underground. This is William Lustig's company devoted to releasing exploitation titles from all over the world with the same treatment that Lustig has given them through his Anchor Bay efforts - remastered from the neg, commentary tracks, deleted scenes etc. They also have THE TOOLBOX MURDERS and SHOCK WAVES due out the same month, and Luigi Cozzi's CONTAMINATION, Guilo Questi's DJANGO KILL, Jess Franco's EUGENIE and JUSTINE (along with lots of other Franco titles) and more are forthcoming in the near future.
  4. Matt Pelham

Matt Pelham Screenwriter

Mar 13, 2002
    Wow, this is great news. I actually had the Prowler VHS in my shopping cart at Amazon when I read this. Can't wait!
  5. Mark Cappelletty

Mark Cappelletty Cinematographer

Jun 6, 1999
    Has William Lustig left Anchor Bay? If so, what's the reason (I haven't been on MHVF lately)? I know this is probably best left to a private message, but thought others might want to know what's going on as well.