What's new

Image announces uncut "The Prowler" 80's horror classic (1 Viewer)

MattHR

Screenwriter
Link Removed
Prowler (Special Edition) (DVD)
Year: 1981
Length: 89 minutes
Rating: Unrated
MSRP: $ 24.99 Status: Active
Release Date: 9/3/2002
Pre-Order Date: 8/6/2002
Studio: Image
Catalog Number: BU1927DVD
UPC: 014381192728
Additional graphics
Main Genre: Horror
Sub Genre:
Actors/Artists: Christopher Goutman, Cindy Weintraub, Farley Granger, Lawrence Tierney, Lisa Dunsheath, Vicky Dawson
Director: Joseph Zito
Synopsis: If you think you're safe, you're dead wrong! On the night of her graduation dance in 1945, young Rosemary and her date are brutally murdered by a prowler thought to be a jilted soldier home from the war. The killer was never found. Thirty years later, the dance is held again for the first time since that horrific evening--but something else may have also returned. Tonight, the teens of this sleepy town will meet their grisly ends at the hands--and pitchfork, blade and more--of The Prowler! Also known as "Rosemary's Killer," this gruesome shocker is one of the most brutal body count movies of the '80s, thanks to razor sharp direction by Joseph Zito (Friday the 13th: The Final Chapter) and graphic gore effects by Tom Savini (Dawn of the Dead, Maniac). Hollywood legends Farley Granger (Strangers on a Train) and Lawrence Tierney (Reservoir Dogs) star in this shocker from the golden age of slasher films--now presented completely uncut and uncensored!
Product Features:
Audio Format: Mono
Screen Format: 1.85:1
16x9: Yes
Color: Color
Region Code: Unknown
Original Languages: English
English Dubbed: No
Other Languages: None
Subtitles: None
Special Features:
Audio Commentary with Producer/Director Joseph Zito and Special Make-Up Effects Artist Tom Savini; Tom Savini's Behind-the-Scenes Gore Footage; Trailer; Poster and Still Gallery

Will K

Screenwriter
Sweet. Thank God we're not stuck with a butchered, MPAA-approved version.
Here's the cover:
Link Removed

Anthony Thorne

Supporting Actor
Note that the cover reveals the actual sub-distributor for this title - Blue Underground. This is William Lustig's company devoted to releasing exploitation titles from all over the world with the same treatment that Lustig has given them through his Anchor Bay efforts - remastered from the neg, commentary tracks, deleted scenes etc. They also have THE TOOLBOX MURDERS and SHOCK WAVES due out the same month, and Luigi Cozzi's CONTAMINATION, Guilo Questi's DJANGO KILL, Jess Franco's EUGENIE and JUSTINE (along with lots of other Franco titles) and more are forthcoming in the near future.

Matt Pelham

Screenwriter
Wow, this is great news. I actually had the Prowler VHS in my shopping cart at Amazon when I read this. Can't wait!

Mark Cappelletty

Senior HTF Member
Anthony,

Has William Lustig left Anchor Bay? If so, what's the reason (I haven't been on MHVF lately)? I know this is probably best left to a private message, but thought others might want to know what's going on as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks