What's new

Image Alignment wrong on my 3200MP..whats up (1 Viewer)

Matthew Will

Stunt Coordinator
Hey all,
I bought a Dell 3200MP last summer. It is my 2nd projector, my first being a broken down epson that barely got by. Anyways, on the Epson I had to put cd cases under the back because the feet were broken off. I bought the 3200 off of ebay from an electronics dealer who said it was brand new. It came in the dell box and did look new to me. It had all the cables in the wrapping, case was perfect, projector was perfect, everything looked brand new. So I plug it in and get going. It works great and produces and awesome picture except for one problem.
The image points fairly high and again I have to use cd cases or other random objects to bring the image to project level on to my wall. The 3200MP has a level adjustment on the front of the projector but not the back. It also has a foot that can be rotated to raise or lower one side of the projector but not the other side. So while I may be able to rase the back of the projector on one side I can't on the other and need the cd cases. I have the projector table mounted on a sort of small tv stand that is about a foot and a half to two feet off the ground. As far as I know the 3200 does not have any settings to raise or lower the image in that matter. I have already made sure the projector is on the table mounted setting. I also checked to make sure the table was level and it is. So what is going on? What do I do? Nothing appears to be broken on the projector as far as I can see. What do I do? I spent $1500 on this projector last summer, don't remind me how cheap it is now, and I feel like a joke having to put cd cases under it to level the image. Blah. Matt

Matthew Will

Stunt Coordinator
I suppose it could be. Problem is I'm trying to save money this summer. If I ceiling mounted the projector I'd have to ceiling mount the DVD player because I'm not going to spend over $100 for a longer DVI cable than I already have. Matt

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks