What's new

I'm With Her (1 Viewer)

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
Just watched the premiere for ABC's new sitcom. It was all right, but I don't see much llong-term potential.

It's played a bit broad, which seems to be a mistake for this kind of show. Also, when it comes down to it, there have only been three kinds of sitcoms proven to be viable: workplace, family and single friends. Note that workplace may actually be school, family may just be a husband and wife and these can be mixed to some degree. In fact, these are the basic kidns of dramas as well. However, if you make a show about two people going out, you can only drag it out so far. Eventually they either get married (or it becomes clear they're in it for good) or break up. Either one changes the premise of your show, and that rarely works.

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
I thought it was enjoyable - not hilarious, but cute enough to give it at least a few more views. But I certainly see your point, Dan – not sure how far they can take this premis.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks