What's new

I'm with Busey 6/17/03 (1 Viewer)

Paul_Medenwaldt

Supporting Actor
First we had "The Osborne's" with the zoned out Ozzy. Next we get the extremely air-headed Anna Nicole Smith show, now we have "I'm With Busey"

After watching the show, I surely hope Gary Busey is a really really good actor, because I don't like lumping him together with Ozzy and Anna in regards to being brainless.

I believe last night was the premiere of the show on Comedy Central.

The show revolves around comedian Adam de la Pena and his desire to hang out with Gary Busey and do man things together. Though I did find this show very funny, most of the laughs were from the dead pan looks Busey gave to Adam.

My favorite line from the show was after Busey dressed up as a women and they went to a nightclub, Busey asks Adam "Do you want to go to my place and smell clothes"

Is this the real Gary Busey or is just acting? I will be tuning in next week.

Paul

Chuck Schick

Stunt Coordinator
Gary Busey is an intelligent guy who's just a nut, which puts this show far above Anna Nicole. I liked how he said he wanted to get to know women better, but instead of talking to women, he went to a bar in a dress.

"Werent you in Deliverance?"
"No!!!"

Jeremiah

Screenwriter
I think Busey is playing to the camera a little and isn't that nuts. I like the show.

"Shut up."

Eric-S

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Eric Schnabel
Hey Paul,

Maybe they'll get really crazy and T.P. someone's house next week!

;)

Justin1

Stunt Coordinator
Busey is in fact that nuts. He's had several run-ins with the law regarding his past problems with drugs and alcohol. His son, Jake (Starship Troopers, Tomcats), has been very public about his very eccentric dad. After watching the show, it seems as if Busey is playing it up just a touch for the cameras, but not much. The guy is a little odd to begin with.

Chuck Schick

Stunt Coordinator
I know he had a pretty bad motorcycle accident about 10 years ago and wasn't wearing a helmet. I'm guessing that's why his face is lopsided.

It is a funny show, mostly because the young guy seems to be as much the butt of the jokes as Busey is. I like when Busey stares at him after some of his questions and then asks "What the hell is wrong with you? What kind of a stupid question is that?"

I heard he became a Born Again Christian after all his drug problems, but after seeing him hang out in a bar dressed like a woman, I'm guessing it didn't stick.

Jeremiah

Screenwriter
Does the show title I'm With Busey have anything to do with the saying/T-shirt I'm With Stupid? If it does than that is pretty freaking funny.

Prentice Cotham

Supporting Actor
I haven't seen the show yet, but if you saw Gary Busey on Howard Stern a while back then you know his has a few screws loose. A lot of things happened during the show and it ended with Howard having Gary in a headlock on the ground and some the guys have to help control Gary.

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
Oh, Busey definitely doesn't have all of his eggs in one basket, I met him at a bar in Chicago circa 1996/97 and he was about as "out there" as anyone I have ever met...and having been a Tattoo designer in my younger years I have met some pretty oddball people, trust me.
Is he playing it up for the cameras...yeah I'm sure he is because as bizarre as he seemed when I met him he still had a fair sense of intelligence/savvy about him. He may very well be nuts but he knows that this show might restart his career.

Nick Graham

Screenwriter
I've always loved Busey as an actor, but the ad for this show in EW kinda freaked me out, with the lopsided face and all. What happened with Busey on Stern?

JustinCleveland

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Justin Cleveland
I caught a couple of minutes of this, and found it mildly humorous, but it did seem like Busey was trying too hard to seem "nuts" and it just smacked of phoney... not like Ozzy, who really has no brain left, or Anna who never had one (but once had a killer body.)

Jeremiah

Screenwriter
I vaugly remember Busey on the Stern show but I can't think of what started the wrestling match with Busey getting Stern in a headlock.

Prentice Cotham

Supporting Actor
I remember one part of Busey's visit to Stern entailed him chasing down Robin. He had given her a big bear hug earlier and she had a hurt back so it was painful. He was running around the offices trying to find her. Busey wanted to give Howard a hug to (I think this is how it started). He started coming toward Howard and Howard told him to stay away. Busey kept coming and that's how it escalated into the headlock. It was funny as hell to listen to and even funnier on E! to see it.

I think this was the inspiration for E! giving Busey the show. Busey is supposed to call into Howard to promote his show sometime.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks