What's new

I'm willing to say something positive about wires... (1 Viewer)

Chu Gai

Senior HTF Member
and it won't even be written by Jason Blair or Maureen Dowd. Here's the catch.

Nets are gonna play the Spurs and my money's on the Nets. OK, it's not a lot...stupid I ain't! If the Spurs win, I'll say something very seriously positive about speaker wires...something around 200 words or more. However, if the Nets win, then anyone taking them, by posting here, has to say something negative about speaker wires. I'll settle for something around 25-50 words.

What say ye wirenuts who love the Spurs chances? Ready to get your shovels to bury the Spurs? Ya feel lucky?

Oh...last thing...I wanna see at least 5 replies or the deals off :)

MichaelBJ

Auditioning
Chu,
Count me in. The Nets are a better team, but the risk is worth the reward. If the Spurs win (fingers tightly crossed), it would be special if you could make a glowing comment or two about my Nordost Red Dawns (:.

Praying Tim Duncan can carry the load, Michael

DanaA

Screenwriter
I'm in too. At least it gives me something to root for during the championship series.

Brian OK

Supporting Actor
Chu,

You must have some idle time ,,,, ;*)

Duncan is the key (gee, no kidding I say to myself- but Kidd is the mojo... slow him and you win).

Wires? Ya need 'em to hear anything, right? Cheap or expensive, ya' gotta use them to sit and actually listen to anything.
I used Monster XP 16AWG speaker cable years ago.... then I moved up to AP Oval wires. The bass literally woke me up when the AP was hooked up. From there, I simply knew that wires are more than just connections from A to B. YMMV, as they say.

These days, I just don't bother debating either position -- inexpensive, or boutique. If it works for one, either way, either budget, then listen and enjoy.

Anyway, go Spurs. NJ already has a puck champ in the making. Spread the champ glory out west.

BOK

Chu Gai

Senior HTF Member
Well I've always had great respect for you Brian. Certainly wires are trivial compared to most everything else...like paying for your kid's education and all that.

RobWil

Supporting Actor
If there's one team in the NBA I hate it's got to be the Spurs.....Utah a close second. Go Nets!

Brian OK

Supporting Actor
No doubt about that Chu..... children are the reason to persevere. I have 3.

Internet discussions regarding a selfish hobby (and the supposed betterment of "I have this and it is better than what you have") pale so much in the larger view that it is mute.

I was in your neck of the woods this week (Hotel W on Lexington and 49th) and thought briefly of what a ghastly place to live day in day out. NYC is an awsome place... but I prefer to visit in all respects. However, I am still amazed that a room service pastrami sandwich with fries (and a Sam Adams, of course) cost me $41., tip included.

I am LOL ....... but still feel that the Lakers exit was the season in tot for me.

BOK

Chu Gai

Senior HTF Member
Well if they put you up, it's only fair that they pay for the meals too, however I'll take my beer on tap. Only two places far as I'm concerned to get a pastrami sandwich in NY and that's the Carnegie Deli and Katz's with my nod going to the latter. Me, I don't care what you have, and if I'm watching a movie over someone's place and they happen to have a Bose all I know is I came over to socialize not to go around saying 'oh the horrors...I can't take this!'

I've two, one out of college and getting married this year and the other working on HS. This weekend, if it doesn't rain, we're supposed to finish up rebuilding the front end of his car.

Chu Gai

Senior HTF Member
Hey Kevin, this is basketball, not Hockey...Devils are going all the way. We all know that! So you in or out? Need 2 more!

Kevin C Brown

Senior HTF Member
I frankly don't know squat about b-ball...

'Course, after today, I reckon that Anaheim finally showed up too. :)

And personally, I think I fall more into your camp on cables and science vs esotericness anyway. :D

DanaA

Screenwriter
Well, I guess the minimum was not met. Darn, and San Antonio is winning game 1. Yes, I know it's a seven game series. ;)

Chu Gai

Senior HTF Member
And here I thought they'd have come out fired up after watching Dikembe dive for the ball! I'd still honor my part but I really was hoping to get other wire-nuts in on a bit of fun action.
Ain't over till the fat lady sings and all that.
[c] [/c]

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks