I'm very disappointed in TNT

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Neil M, Mar 20, 2003.

1. Neil M

Neil M Stunt Coordinator

The Pistons-76er's game was supposed to be the highlight game of the night but TNT decided to give us "bonus" coverage of the Mavs-Spurs game instead. The Pistons were blowing out the 76er's and TNT decided to show everyone 2nd quarter coverage of the other game. Mind you, this was at the beginning of the 3rd quarter. The only reason they went back to the pistons was because of halftime. I'm definitely never watching another TNT basketball game again. This only proves there is no respect for Eastern conference teams. Give me George Blaha anyday.

2. RossTerry

RossTerry Guest

seems to make sense if one game was a blowout and the other was between the teams with the best records.

the spurs/mavs game was one of the best nba games ive seen in a long time

3. Neil M

Neil M Stunt Coordinator

First, let me say that there were only 3 games tonight. And 2 of them were supposed to be televised. I have no problem with showing the last minute of a game but it was the second quarter in the mavs game. Nothing great happened in the second quarter. I'll admit that overtime was great in that game but that came later. The point is that the game was supposed to be a nationally televised game, it was advertised all week, and they only showed two-thirds of it. They never do this for any other sport unless its a playoff situation. TNT showed a lack of respect for the Eastern Conference. The Pistons and the 76er's are the two best teams in the East so this game was important for both teams.

4. Neil M

Neil M Stunt Coordinator

TNT also screwed lakers fans by not showing Shaq's 20,000th point. I must applaud TNT. Two screw ups in one night.

5. Todd Terwilliger

Todd Terwilliger Screenwriter

Neil,

Unfortunately for you, most people see the Eastern Conference as the JV of the NBA. Right now the West is dominant and is what more people want to see so ofcourse they're going to switch from a blowout situation to the tight game.

I think had the game reversed itself, you would have a stronger point, but it didn't.

As for screwing Lakers fans, I don't think so. They replayed it a ton of times and it was all over ESPN and every other sports network also. Also, I bet in LA there was a local affiliate they could tune in to.

6. Neil M

Neil M Stunt Coordinator

Todd,

I agree with just about everything you say. I just think it's disrespectful when Charles Barkley says that he'd rather watch a time-out than go back to a Pistons game. This was a nationally televised game and I never see this kind of attitude in any other sport. I just wanted to vent my anger towards TNT's unprofessional behavior in this matter.

7. Todd Terwilliger

Todd Terwilliger Screenwriter

Neil,

You can't take the Chuckster seriously! [​IMG] From a fan standpoint, I can definitely appreciate your indignation though I hate to say it but many would agree with him in that sentiment. Hopefully, sometime soon the East will rebound from its current post-Bulls slump. Until then, I think the West is going to continue to dominate the media.

8. RossTerry

RossTerry Guest

i agree, you cant take anything Barkley says too seriously. he is there for the comedic effect but i do enjoy the props he give to the Spurs and Tim Duncan