What's new

I'm tired of Sony (1 Viewer)

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
David, that's awful. I perused a few of the reviews and was unaware that so many people have had problems with the 'S560D. One of my co-workers has an 'S560D and is very happy with it. We watched Crimson Tide on it the other day and it worked like a DVD player should. As is common with Sony's cheaper single-disc players, his 'S560D is a bit loud when a disc is playing and you are close to the player. Other than that, his player seems to work fine.
I bought the 'S560D last year, but returned it after two weeks because I decided to get the Sony DVP-C670D DVD changer instead. The 'S560D worked perfectly for the two weeks I had it, but that's only two weeks. I must have lucked out because the 'S560D I had wasn't even loud. I certainly hope Sony's current DVD players and forthcoming DVD/SACD players are better.
------------------
My:
HT Pics ; Equipment List ; DVD Collection ; LD Collection
KeithH: Saving the Home Theater World Before Bedtime

Kwang Suh

Supporting Actor
I believe that recent Sony products (i.e. > 3 years) have been made in Malaysia. I think this is the reason why their quality has taken a turn for the worse. I haven't bought anything Sony since I found out they manufactured in Malaysia instead of Japan. I can say that my Sony Discman made in Japan has been working great for five years now.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks