Im sorry I ever had any doubts about SVS!!!!

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by Jesse Sharrow, Feb 20, 2004.

1. Jesse Sharrow

Jesse Sharrow Supporting Actor

That was incredible. I have never heard movies or music sound like that. I was blown away. My wife and I went out to ron's house and he showed us a couple subs. First of all he has a gorgous house. Second he has a great sound system. He was using a huge projector and great sounding Acsend speakers.

Well at first look I was pretty impressed with the size and build quality of the SVS subs. He had a 25-31pc upstairs, an SS, a 20-39cs, a PB1+, and a PB2+. Well he showed us a couple things on the PB1+ and PB2+, he showed us pearl harbor.... amazing! He showed us the Darla Scene in nemo, Absolutly amazing, the sock scene in monsters inc was cool too. Then he let me hear Metallica's "One"... these subs are very very accurate! Then just for kicks I asked him to turn on the SS..... Bad Idea! Now I am hooked. That thing is incredible. We listened to some techno, Paul Oakenfold. I loved it. I hope I dont have to settle. Maybe if Im a good little boy...

Well this led me to beleive that I will be very very happy with any SVS model. I really want a PC-Ultra still, but I may have to settle with a 25-31pci. But I still think I will be happy. I will never ask any questions about another sub brand again... dont worry. Sunfire is the crap of the sub world!

Yet again I am very very sorry for ever having doubts in SVS. Welcome me into the clan... because I am hooked!

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Zack_R

Zack_R Stunt Coordinator

I'm glad you were thrilled with the audition. I can think of a alot of people, myself included that would have liked to have been at that demo!

All the SVS subs get great reviews and I'm sure which ever sub you end up with, will exceed your expectations.

3. Jed M

Jed M Cinematographer

Its hard to explain the experience that is SVS. Its just something you have to witness first hand. Welcome to the club. [​IMG]

4. MikeLi

MikeLi Supporting Actor

Ditto from another happy SVS customer that had spent more on other subs that were crap compaired to SVS.

5. Mike_J_D

Mike_J_D Stunt Coordinator

That would have been fun to be at Rons house listening to his own SV subs. I love mine and won't by another sub ever!!!!! Welcome to the club. I'm sure you will enjoy any SVS you buy.

6. Edward J M

Edward J M Cinematographer

All is forgiven, Jesse. If you don't buy an SVS in April, I will personally hunt you down and beat you about the head and shoulders. Plus, I'd get to see Ron's place afterwards......

FWIW - the SS and the PC-Ultra will be virtual sonic twins. The vast majority of the cost of the gorgeous SS is the build materials and labor intensive construction methods. It is tuned a tad deeper (18 Hz IIRC) than the Ultra, but it won't be noticeable most of the time.

Regards,

Ed

7. Jesse Sharrow

Ed I had a feeling that most of the price was in the seperate amp and that absolutly sexy enclosure. If you havnt seen this thing you need to see it in person. Did you guys know the sound engineer for Metallica bought a B4+ personally from ron?

8. Parker Clack

Parker Clack Schizophrenic Man

Parker
    Jesse:

Now THAT is cool. I don't doubt that a lot of sound engineers use these subs.

Parker

9. Garrett Lundy

Garrett Lundy Producer

I'm thinking of upgrading my PC1 20-39 to dual PB4+'s.. you think this'll add a few more db's?

10. Keith Hyde

Keith Hyde Stunt Coordinator

Don't you find it exceedingly difficult to make short and succinct praise of an SVS? And when you get one in your own home 24/7...

Glad you enjoyed your demo Jesse.

11. Jesse Sharrow

Well thanks. It really impressed some people at my work that ron invited me over for a demo to his own home. I proably would never buy one if I didnt have a demo first.

12. terence

terence Supporting Actor

You are a lucky man Jesse! Gald you enjoyed yourself.

13. Philip Hamm

Philip Hamm Lead Actor

I remember hearing some of the very early pre-SVS Ron prototypes. He's bass obsessed!!!!

I've demoed SVS Subs in my house during meets, and they really are very impressive!

14. Jesse Sharrow

Well when I finally get a hold of one I am going to invite everyone at my work who is an audiophile or close to one over to listen. Wow that was a long sentance.

15. Jesse Sharrow

Acctually ron said he would come over and help me tune my system when I get my sub.

16. Joe Szott

Joe Szott Screenwriter

Jesse,

Sounds like Ron took you out back, dipped your head in the Colorado River, and converted you. Congrats man, I got a 20-39 PC+ from Ron about 6 weeks ago and have been in love with it ever since. Even the wife had to admit that it kicks insane boo-tay and was worth the upgrade.

Let us know what model you get when you place an order. I agree with what was stated above, the PCi gives the most bang for the buck compared to non-SVS in that range. The PC+ gives more headroom for modest price increase. Ultra gives a little more for more price. The SS is really for whne you don't care about the price/performance curve anymore and just want the best they make. For HT use, I would wager the PCi is more than any normal room would need at humane listening levels.

17. terence

terence Supporting Actor

WOW Jesse!

It just keeps getting better for you.

18. steve nn

steve nn Cinematographer

I put in a vote for making Jesse our SVS mascot even though he doesn't have one yet?[​IMG]

19. Ernest Yee

Ernest Yee Supporting Actor

No way - he still has to purchase. Although it is funny since he was totally against it for the longest time. That and all the threads w/ SVS vs xyz.

Anyways - I had a great time w/ mine this weekend w/ Finding Nemo. That Darla scene w/ the tapping of the fishtank.... wowie.[​IMG]

20. Edward J M

Edward J M Cinematographer

If Jesse will be the SVS mascot, he has to wear a costume like the NFL mascots.

Except he will be dressed up as a huge cylinder subwoofer like the "subhuman" in SVS' video. He can go off the spring board and squash cardboard replicas of lesser subs while that theme music is playing in the background.

This shall continue for one year as punishment for all the pain he put us through with those ad nauseum "SVS vs. the world" threads.

How about a picture Jesse - so we can size your costume?