What's new

I'm so sick of snapper cases (1 Viewer)

John Stone

Supporting Actor
My latest shipment from DVD Empire was a mess. It's not their fault--it was, as always, packed very well--it's Warner's fault. There were 10 DVDs on my order, 5 of them are snappers. The non-snappers are all fine, but every one of the snapper DVDs has issues. All you snapper fan-boys that think the center hubs are so great must not buy many DVDs or must be very lucky. I find floaters in snapper cases all the time. I had 3 floaters in this shipment alone (The Thin Man, A Perfect World and Heartbreak Ridge). The hubs are not damaged at all, but they barely hold the DVD in place. I can pop the DVD off with a minimum amount of pressure without pressing the center button.
The other problem is the damned "security" tape. Who's the genius at Warner that though putting tape on cardboard was a good idea? I peel the tape off very carefully and I'm sick and tired of the ink coming off with it. I have 5 brand new Warner DVDs, and every one of them now has a damaged case, thanks to the security tape. Sometimes the tape comes right off, but other times it pulls some of the ink off with it. The worst one I've seen was my copy of "Proof of Life"; the tape pulled the ink of almost completely.
I know this has been discussed to death, but I'm sick and tired of paying good money for DVDs, only to have them damaged JUST BY OPENING THEM. So now I have to keep the damaged DVDs, or go through all the trouble of exchanging them via mail.
:angry:

Jonathan Perregaux

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jonathan Perregaux
That's okay. When I was performing my ritual of opening the packing for the new Unforgiven DVD (which is not a Snapper, yay), I noticed that security tape was applied at the top where there is no opening in the package. The part that let the inner sleeve slide out was NOT taped over. Oh, and the tape peeled off some of the ink from the cardboard.
CARDBOARD SUCKS!!!

John Stell

Screenwriter
Real Name
John Stell
I had the same problem, John. I received four Warners DVDs today: Horror of Dracula, Curse of Frankenstein, The Thin Man, and Cat's Eye. ALL of them had the discs off the hubs. Luckily, none of them look too badly scratched up. But, still, my heart always sinks when I hear the disc rattling around inside the case. Jeez. :frowning:

Carrol Jo

Grip
Yes, the security tape issue is really annoying.
As for snap case floaters, I guess I've been lucky all these years. While I've never been a champion of snapper case hubs (and loathe snappers in general), I think I've only received one or two snappers with loose discs inside - out of hundreds bought.
The ones I always seem to have a problem with are the Amaray style yin-yang hubs. I know everyone is enamored with these things, but it seems like every fourth or fifth DVD I receive in the mail has two loose things in the case: the disc, and either the yin or the yang part of the hub...
I'll take Alpha case hubs over these any day.

Brenton

Screenwriter
There's a reason Warner insists on using those stupid snappers... they were invented and manufactured by an AOL Time Warner-owned company! I read this in an article on a news website (sorry, don't have the link).

Peter Apruzzese

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Apruzzese
Maybe I'm just lucky, but I've never, ever, damaged a snapper case taking off the security tape. Most of the time, I get it off in one piece, clean-as-a-whistle.

Brian E

Screenwriter
There's a reason Warner insists on using those stupid snappers... they were invented and manufactured by an AOL Time Warner-owned company! I read this in an article on a news website (sorry, don't have the link).
Yep, the place if called Ivy Hill
They're the folks to contact if you need a replacement snapper plastic pieces.

Jason Hughes

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jason Hughes
I don't like the snappers, but I have never had one hub break ever, ever. And I buy everthing off the net. The keepcases that Paramount uses seem to be the worst for breaking IMO.

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
Never had a problem with a snapper. Come to think of it, I've never had a problem with my Snapper Lawn mower either... I don't seem to have problems with the security tape either.

Brian E

Screenwriter
Just be glad they aren't using those early Polygram cases. Those have to be the worst ever.

I don't care for snappers, but it's not enough to make me not buy something I want.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks