What's new

I'm so glad I don't watch The Practice... (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
...because I'd run out of VCRs to tape all of the Sunday season/series finales/regular shows on tonight:
Survivor
X-Files
Six Feet Under
The Practice
:)
Thank goodness Alias's finale was on last week!

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
Good thing too, because the whole setup and the verdict was a load of crap, just so they have something to do at the beginning of next season.

If you haven't seen the show, and are going to, READ NO FURTHER.

The whole idea that a reasonable DA would even prosecute the case is sad. Sure, Bobby and gang went into lawyer mode, but maybe it was because they knew someone at the DA was in for vengeance -- something Bobby should have said during cross.

You might ask, where do you draw the line: when is it OK to kill someone? Well, this case is nowhere near where any line would be. Let's recap.

Admitted aggressive cannibal and suspected schizophrenic serial killer defies restraining order to show up at the home of a threatened woman that was previously stabbed and stalked by two other former clients. After reiterating threat, she shoots him three times. Is that two times too many?

And the jury returned a guilty verdict -- why? Because otherwise, they wouldn't want to send the message that other women threatened by stalker cannibal serial killers have carte blanche to shoot their tormentors? They should wait until they are in the midst of being attacked and hope they fare better than the guy's lawyer, that had his nose bitten off?

//Ken

Mark Pfeiffer

Screenwriter
I watch The Practice but didn't even bother last night considering it was head to head with Survivor and The X-Files. No big loss.

Jodee

Screenwriter
I only have two cable boxes/PVR's so I recorded X-files on one and Survivoe on the other. SInce X-Files was fro 8-10, I taped the second Practice episode (they were split into 2 eps on my Replay guide.)

I'll just catch the first hour on repeats somedat. Will I be lost just watching the second hour?

I like the Practice but it's not like I've never missed an episode.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
With no more Alias for the season, I had nothing else to watch last night. (I gave up on The X-Files two years ago.) So I watched The Practice. An enjoyable finale.
The whole idea that a reasonable DA...
Since when has "reasonable" been a part of "The Practice"? ;)

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member
I confess to giving up on the Practice after the first couple seasons. It just seemed to get to absurd. I like court room dramas like Law & Order. The Practice was becoming too much of a soap for me.

Daniel Swartz

Second Unit
Does anyone else think that John Laroquette (sp?), aka Joey, has something to do with this mess for some reason? Beyond his cameo, it seems just like the kind of thing he would have fun with.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks