I'm scared to death something is wrong, please help???

Discussion in 'Beginners, General Questions' started by JayKellen, Dec 12, 2003.

1. JayKellen

JayKellen Stunt Coordinator

Just recently, I have been having some sound problems...during the middle of a movie, during the layer change especially, the sound just cuts out...i usually hit the dvd button on my receiver remote to get it going again. It does not happen every time i watch a movie, just once in a while, but like i said, it started doing this like a week or so ago. I hope home theater systems last a heck of a lot longer than 6 months, so please someone tell me that nothing is wrong and that i worry too much. Thanks for any information, regardless if it is good or bad.

2. Stelios

Stelios Stunt Coordinator

It could be your DVD.Did you try cleaning the lens?

Stelios

3. Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs Executive Producer

Brief audio dropouts are a typical occurrence when some DVD players are running some discs. Some players handle this more smoothly than others. You probably just noticed this because you may have played a slightly more "difficult" disc only recently. Nothing to be concerned about.

(Also, as a rule, feed your player only discs that are clean and scratch- and smudge-free.)

4. Jason_A

Jason_A Stunt Coordinator

Sometimes when a dvd changes layers there might be an audio delay.

Mine does this so no biggy. [​IMG]

5. George Caronan

George Caronan Stunt Coordinator

Hi Jay. The older DVD players have slower transitions during layer changes on discs. This results in really small audio interruptions with your receiver or pre-amp. Newer ones in the midtier prices handle them smoothly. This used to concern me as a newbie but it really is nothing to be concerned about.