I'm right here, why are you yelling!? :)

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Inspector Hammer!, Mar 6, 2002.

1. Inspector Hammer!

Inspector Hammer! Executive Producer

John Williamson
    This is just something i'm curious about, why do some administrators always post in bold lettering? I can understand if a thread is getting out of hand, or if your warning someone to cool it, but I sometimes see it during normal discussions. Why is that?[​IMG]

2. Nick Sievers

Nick Sievers Producer

I just thought it was to either emphasise a point or so it gets noticed by readers. (?)

3. Vince Maskeeper

Vince Maskeeper Producer

I don't know which posts specifically you mean, if the are "moderation" related posts, or just general posts...

I personally use bold, italics and underline often when explaining. I usually try to use as many examples as possible when trying to explain things-- but know many people skim--- so i put the summary points in bold at the end of each section- for clarity.

-V

4. Cees Alons

Cees Alons Moderator

Cees Alons
    I only use all-bold if, as an administrator, I'm interrupting the flow of communication in the thread. Or if I want to emphasize that I think the current flow should be disrupted.

Cees

5. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

I use it as "The Voice of Mod", like Crawdaddy does, so people reading it know that I'm posting as a moderator, not as a member of the HTF.