What's new

I'm right here, why are you yelling!? :) (1 Viewer)

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
This is just something i'm curious about, why do some administrators always post in bold lettering? I can understand if a thread is getting out of hand, or if your warning someone to cool it, but I sometimes see it during normal discussions. Why is that?:)

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member
I don't know which posts specifically you mean, if the are "moderation" related posts, or just general posts...

I personally use bold, italics and underline often when explaining. I usually try to use as many examples as possible when trying to explain things-- but know many people skim--- so i put the summary points in bold at the end of each section- for clarity.

-V

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
I only use all-bold if, as an administrator, I'm interrupting the flow of communication in the thread. Or if I want to emphasize that I think the current flow should be disrupted.

Cees

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I use it as "The Voice of Mod", like Crawdaddy does, so people reading it know that I'm posting as a moderator, not as a member of the HTF.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks