I'm outta heeeeere tomorrow

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by Philip_G, May 16, 2003.

1. Philip_G

Philip_G Producer

I moved to big beautiful, craptastic ND 4 years ago to go to school, now that I'm done (was done in December) and I've found a job elsewhere, I'm off like a prom dress tomorrow. Unfortunatly I have to ocme back for the rest of my crap in August, but it does feel good to escape for what is basically forever [​IMG]

2. Jed M

Jed M Cinematographer

Congratulations! Are you involved in aviation? I was just curious what got you up to ND in the first place? Where are you moving now?

3. Philip_G

Philip_G Producer

yeah, I went to UND. Since the pilot market sucks I took a job in the industry with a map/chart/software company in Denver.

I'm a commercial, multi, instrument, CFI, CFII and haven't touched an airplane in 5 months. Fat lot of good it's doing me [​IMG]

4. Marc S Kessler

Marc S Kessler Stunt Coordinator

I know the aviation industry sucks right now but I think it will turn around in a couple of years. You should try to stay current. BTW my wife is a DC-10 Captain for FEDEX (soon to be in an MD11). The industry is just like it was in the early to mid 1980's. It turned around then and will again.

5. Philip_G

Philip_G Producer

the industry is strange that way. I'll try to find part time work insructing, just for my own enjoyment and the whole "giving back" to the aviation community thing, but at this point I'd take such a large pay cut to go to a regional airline I don't see myself ever doing that [​IMG]

anywho, I'm in the big D and can't say I miss GFK Tony, sorry [​IMG]

The altitude is messing with me, I figured ah hell I'm a pilot, I spend hours up at 9k + feet with no oxygen, I'll be fine. wrong. I'm tired [​IMG]

6. Jay H

Jay H Producer

Jay
    So... time to change the user profile, right? [​IMG]

I do remember being in Fargo for a night growing up. My parents used to haul my 3 sisters and themselves to Calgary every year from NJ. One year we went through Fargo, ND and got completely lost trying to get to the Pizza Hut that was on the other side of the highway... I remember that very much for some reason. Then when the Coen brothers released "Fargo" it brought back some more memories [​IMG] although we never did run into anybody using a chipper to destroy "evidence" [​IMG]

Jay

7. Philip_G

Philip_G Producer

hehe people in ND *HATE* the movie fargo, it's kind of funny. They think they sound nothing like that, LOL