What's new

I'm only 33 years old, and I feel like an old man! (1 Viewer)

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
But do middle age men realize they are in their second wind? I thought it had to do with the reluctance to accept that your original wind is long gone. :D

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
Carlo,

I retired a year ago at 52. I realized that if I sold my tiny paid-off San Jose house, I could move anywhere else and simply retire off the proceeds. Now I may start working again but more for social than economic reasons.

I recently interviewed for a job. The job requires an incredible resume of skills, which I have, and paid six figures. But I told them that I would only work a 40 hour week max, and they wanted someone to step in and work until they dropped. So we mutually agreed I wasn't the guy for the job.

Maybe what I want for a retirement job is that of a meter-reader for a utility company. I could get lots of exercise and meet all the lonely housewives in the area. :laugh: Plus union pay scale and medical benefits.

Jeff_CusBlues

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jeff

I just turned 45 and I've worked at the same place for 22 years.

I remember the ultrasonic remotes although we never had one. I remember going to a friends house and marveling at being able to click (yes, they clicked) the remote and see that channel changer turn. I also remember that it drove their pet dog wild. He would start barking every time the remote was used. I also remember our first color TV. It was a Sylvania. After buying it, we had two sets in the house. Our family used to fight over the color TV a lot. Dad always won though. That "I paid for the damn thing" logic.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I remember around 1979 my parents had one of the first front projection tv's. It was 2 pieces a stand alone hard plastic screen. And then a unit that projected the picture...It was giant and if you stood a bit to the side of the screen...You saw squat.

I am going to my 20th HS reunion this weekend...I still can't believe its been 20years.

Mort Corey

Supporting Actor

My 40th reunion came and went. I didn't feel like hanging out with a bunch of old timers singing along with Ringo Starr...."Get by with a little help from depends". Might try the 50 if I'm invited.

Get ready todd s...time is gonna really start flying.

Mort

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
My 20 is next year.

10 years ago I was able to bench press over 450 pounds, and had 2 labor jobs as well as spending 2-3 hoursa night inthe gym. Now I cant walk up a flight of stairs without my knees aching.

I have gout and tried to control it with diet, not wanting to go on meds. Recently test showed my uric acid/crystal levels to be so high that the doc said I was in danger of kidney failure, so I have no choice to do on the meds. Good news is that after about 2 months,the levels are down to 1/2 of what they were and the bad news is I still feel like shit.

Im bored and tired. I feel 60.

"Take for example cell phones. I'm STILL not a fan. I have one, but I keep it in the car. I don't even know how to get voice mail on it. I have a phone at home, and at work, but why must we be in contact 24 hours a day? "

Ha I absolutely agree.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks